Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Explains Why Burnett vs. Tete Will Not Happen - For Now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
    Burnett's last fight was Zakiyanov, i'd say that was pretty tough. Especially when he's only had 18 pro fights.
    Zaki was Burnetts sparring partner and Burnett manhandled him. Also lets not pretend Zaki was a 'Superstar Cashcow' there were clearly cherry picking him.
    Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
    Lets not forget Tete was running scared from the lad in your avatar. "No, no, Rigo too big"
    Lets not forget Tete has been moving up and started as a flyweight but old ass Rigo just decided to jump at what 40 years of age?

Comment

Well, understandable and honest from Hearns - but not a good look for the SPORT of boxing.
      And also not a good look for ANY of his boxers.

If you are a fighter not with Hearn and THEN you sign for him - what does that say about you as a boxer? >> you lack confidence and are more money orientated.

Contrast this to what Selby is saying today - "I will fight any Uk 126 pounder and then I will go on to unify"
      At least that is a good start, in the future we will know if it was just talk.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
        Well, understandable and honest from Hearns - but not a good look for the SPORT of boxing.
        And also not a good look for ANY of his boxers.

If you are a fighter not with Hearn and THEN you sign for him - what does that say about you as a boxer? >> you lack confidence and are more money orientated.

Contrast this to what Selby is saying today - "I will fight any Uk 126 pounder and then I will go on to unify"
        At least that is a good start, in the future we will know if it was just talk.
        Hearn hasn't said Burnett wont unify, just wont be unifying with Tete at the moment. Similarly a few American members will have something to say about Selby not mentioning Russell Jrs name.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
          Hearn explains that Burnett can make the same amount of money for a normal world title defense as he would for a unification with Tete.

A few hours ago I read what Hearn had to say about Yafai unifying with Inoue :

“I would not forgive myself if I put a fighter in a fight that difficult, for poor money, and we lose it all, by just trying to do the right thing for a couple of blokes on the internet. I’m sorry, but that’s the truth of it.” -- Eddie Hearn

Mismatchroom is bad for boxing, we see the clear pattern of pricing his fighters out even a Kal Yafai who is not even close to the 'A' side among the 115 pound fighters. Regarding Zolani Tete how can anyone buy this guys BS? you mean to tell me, fighting a Stuart Hall or Lee Haskins will pay you the same than a unification match? WHO BELIEVES THIS CLOWN?!
          You will find on here saying Eddie is right what a joke you are world champion and being protected sad and Burnett must know he is not a REAL fighter in any sense WWE springs to mind want to look good and that is it

Comment

Originally posted by DougalDylan View Post
            He's just being honest and yep that's ducking but at least he's admitting to the duck...
            At least you can agree that this is a blatant duck.

Comment

Now it's all out there for everyone to hear how the way Eddie Hearn operates.. Eddie you are not fooling anyone,, he is not willing to let his Bell holders prove themselves against the elite Fighters. If you have faith in your Fighter's and you know they can win, you will not be scared to let them fight against other champs. He's doing the same with Anthony Joshua and Kal Yafai

Comment

I understand his honestly, he has to protect his investment at the end of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by DougalDylan View Post
                  He's saying they won't take tough fights for little money if the fighter is not financially secure yet. He's just being honest and yep that's ducking but at least he's admitting to the duck...

The other version is I'll fight anyone for my legacy followed by along as its for 20 million -DW .. which is ducking and b*ll****ting.
                  There are different ways of ducking a fight. I see Hearn honesty here, i might not like it but we know he basically wouldn't do that fight unless the money is out of the world.

Others would claim they want a fight and accuse others of ducking, then they would demand out of the world payday....

Comment

It's frustrating but in fairness Warren hasn't done much to make Tete an unavoidable fighter, burying him deep on undercards against absolutely ****e opposition. He should offer to let him fight away from home against someone like Nery or Inoue, and if that can't come off then at least give him solid defences against the likes of Payano and Solis. The longer he keeps him coasting along doing nothing of note, the easier he is to ignore. And while I'd like Burnett vs Tete most of all, I couldn't really complain about Burnett vs Butler, Rodriguez or even Yafai

Comment

Another way to look at this is that he only takes fights he knows his fighters will win, ie NO RISK WHATSOEVER. So let's keep on watching the ****, one sided fights and hope maybe the real fights are still there in 2, 3 or 5 years time. I understand that, but when you're accused of ducking, being a ****bag, etc etc don't get all uptight about it, it's going to come with the territory. Is this the boxing equivalent of stuffing a greyhound full of pork pies prior to a race - you know the outcome, so u might as well hang all your money on the Hearn boys.

Comment

Working...
                      X