Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post here if you think Canelo Beats Golovkin in September!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checking in the Canelo warwagon

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
      Past prime or not it's a little peculiar that as soon as Golovkin looked mortal in the ring and had a close fight with Jacobs the Canelo fight can suddenly be made. Last year Canelo had two hundred excuses as to why the fight can't happen and actually gave him his belt without a fight. I do wonder how much that has to do with it and if Golovkin would have crushed Jacobs in two rounds if we wouldn't instead have Lemieux vs Canelo.

I guess none of that matters now.

I think it's a legit 50/50 fight and not necessarily because of skill but because of their styles- it means both guys are going to take a lot of damage and in a fight like that where neither guy is willing to back down and are willing to take damage, it could be they fight 10 times and each win 5. Just depending on who dishes out the most punishment the fastest and may boil down to who gets​ hurt first.
      Tell you what, it will be a close competitive fight but no way Golovkin can win on points, he has to KO Canelo

Comment

Canelo couldn't even hurt a punching bag in Chevez Jr or a blown up WW in Cotto. I don't think he's going to get GGG's respect with his power, and he doesn't have the legs to outbox him,

Comment

Plenty of room left... you fuggin' casualz...lol

Comment

Gee should quit boxing... lol

Comment

Ir'z a mismatch... Gee is a minor league team #Kershaw

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                Past prime or not it's a little peculiar that as soon as Golovkin looked mortal in the ring and had a close fight with Jacobs the Canelo fight can suddenly be made. Last year Canelo had two hundred excuses as to why the fight can't happen and actually gave him his belt without a fight. I do wonder how much that has to do with it and if Golovkin would have crushed Jacobs in two rounds if we wouldn't instead have Lemieux vs Canelo.

I guess none of that matters now.

I think it's a legit 50/50 fight and not necessarily because of skill but because of their styles- it means both guys are going to take a lot of damage and in a fight like that where neither guy is willing to back down and are willing to take damage, it could be they fight 10 times and each win 5. Just depending on who dishes out the most punishment the fastest and may boil down to who gets​ hurt first.
                September of 2017 was the date targeted before Golovkin even fought Brook.

Comment

Canelo is coming off a dominant performance, GGG is coming off a razor thin win. The opponents had a lot to do with it though.

I was picking GGG confidently for awhile, but I'd say it is pretty evenly matched now.

Comment

Originally posted by g27region View Post
                    Tell you what, it will be a close competitive fight but no way Golovkin can win on points, he has to KO Canelo
                    If it's close no doubt. He would have to destroy him to get a decision but just based on the style match up this is almost guaranteed to be a close fight.

I will say though if it's a controversial decision and a dope fight, the fans wins because we'll get a trilogy out of it!

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                      September of 2017 was the date targeted before Golovkin even fought Brook.
                      What was the date targeted when he handed Golovkin the belt?

Look man, there were a million and one excuses from team Canelo. Truth be told, even up until a month ago Oscar was still making excuses to not fight Golovkin in September. Whatever the case the fight is happening and I'd much rather it be late than never so I'm not going to cry about how it should have happened last Cinco de Mayo weekend, it is what it is.

Comment

Working...
                      X