Prime Tito Trinidad vs GGG at 160.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
    Tito wasn't prime at 160...
    Except, he actually was. He was strong as an ox against Joppy. It was just when he fought Hopkins.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
      Who'd he fight though? B-hop beat the prime oit of him. What's your point? GGG's biggest win?
      just saying. imhO, tito was at his best at ww. above that, meh. 3g eats him up.

imhO

Comment

Originally posted by GOD-FR33 View Post
        A typo happened here. I meant to say Tito was not a middleweight and anyone with common sense knows this. We all have favorite fighters but you have to use common sense if you're going to do a fantasy fight. Tito was too small. If he was way too small for Hopkins, he is way too small for GGG. You would've been better off pitting GGG against a TRUE middleweight legend or middleweight in general. James Toney, Hearns, Hager, Nunn, SRL, etc. Get me? Those guys had the size to go along with their respective skill sets, so you learn your boxing some more. Us vets will school you just for you not wanting to admit that Tito, at 160lbs, doesn't stand a chance.
        Dumbest example ever. GGG himself is too small for MW, but he can crack and hes got a chin. Also, too small for B-Hop, wrong. Not skilled enough, right.

You're all types of delusional. P.S. William Joppy is bigger and much physically stronger than GGG, and Tito took him out in a slugfest. He just wasn't as strong of a puncher

Also, physically, yes, he absolutely was in his prime at MW. And for the last time, he wasnt too small or too old for MW. He got the prime beat out of him that night by B-Hop. He was never the same afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by SemiGreat View Post
          just saying. imhO, tito was at his best at ww. above that, meh. 3g eats him up.

imhO
          No one's arguing that. And no, GGG doesn't eat up Tito, IMO. I think Tito has as a better chance than any of GGG's opponents to hurt and beat GGG. GGG would have fits with William Joppy. Joppy was a bull in his prime, and knocking dudes out left and right, and Tito took him out like butter.

Think a little harder on this fight. GGG damn sure ain't some unhittable savant like his super fans make him out to be, and Tito had a sturdy ass beard at MW, because I think he was really healthy at that weight, and didn't have to drain as much. But still, I acknowledge he did his best work at WW.
          Last edited by CatchAndShoot; 10-24-2016, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Chill out guys, GGG would've Ko'd him easily. And Im a huge fan of Tito, I have all his fights saved.

Comment

No one's arguing that. And no, GGG doesn't eat up Tito, IMO. I think Tito has as a better chance than any of GGG's opponents to hurt and beat GGG. GGG would have fits with William Joppy. Joppy was a bull in his prime, and knocking dudes out left and right, and Tito took him out like butter.

Think a little harder on this fight. GGG damn sure ain't some unhittable savant like his super fans make him out to be, and Tito had a sturdy ass beard at MW, because I think he was really healthy at that weight, and didn't have to drain as much. But still, I acknowledge he did his best work at WW.
              3g isnt the beast that his groupies say he is....but....i dont think going off of th joppy fight is a good indicator. yep, 3g has a shltty resume but its not as if everyone is going to beat him due to that. he can only fight whos available. holmes resume isnt that good either but he will def kick an a55.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                Love Tito but GGG hits too damn hard and like Larry said his chin wasn't the best.

Tito went from 154 straight to 160 right? If only a certain Mexican...
                ironically Tito was 27 when he went to 160... what other certain Mexican is getting there?

Comment

Originally posted by SemiGreat View Post
                  3g isnt the beast that his groupies say he is....but....i dont think going off of th joppy fight is a good indicator. yep, 3g has a shltty resume but its not as if everyone is going to beat him due to that. he can only fight whos available. holmes resume isnt that good either but he will def kick an a55.
                  I'm not suggesting GGG is some soft ass bum. He's a monster and a future hall of famer for sure. And really, I'm not even saying Tito would for sure beat him. I'm saying Tito's not one of GGG's usual opponents. He could get knocked out, and he could get TKO'd, but between that time, he's giving GGG hell in the ring. And he can also KO GGG. That's all I'm saying.

People that think this is an easy win for GGG are delusional. And people that think GGG guaranteed wins are also delusional.

Comment

Tito's chin was rock solid. Don't let the knockdowns fool you. Next we'll hear that De La Hoya and Whitaker had weak chins because of their knockdowns as well. Tito took many (way too many) punishing punches from Bernard Hopkins for anyone to think he could just be KO'ed. Hopkins took barely any punches from Tito in return. Would GGG be able to do the same? I would favor him to win based on natural size but honestly this is not a foregone conclusion.

Comment

I'm not suggesting GGG is some soft ass bum. He's a monster and a future hall of famer for sure. And really, I'm not even saying Tito would for sure beat him. I'm saying Tito's not one of GGG's usual opponents. He could get knocked out, and he could get TKO'd, but between that time, he's giving GGG hell in the ring. And he can also KO GGG. That's all I'm saying.

People that think this is an easy win for GGG are delusional. And people that think GGG guaranteed wins are also delusional.
                      fair enough. btw, im a tito fan even if he caught a huge break vs dlh (wont go into here).

Comment

Working...
                      X