No announcement yet.

Analogue Super Nt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Analogue Super Nt

Any interest in this console around? For those of you who don't know it's a SNES console adapted to play in HDMI with zero delay or any other visual deteriation. It supports both 1080p and 720p, 60Hz or 50Hz (PAL), Us Eu and Jap region games.

The console is not made to emulate games but actually mimick the original hardware so for all intense and purposes you're playing on a real SNES. Everything down to a specific game flickring in a certain spot will do the same on the Nt.

How much are the consoles going for? Anything over 100 bucks and I'll just stick with an emulator

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
      How much are the consoles going for? Anything over 100 bucks and I'll just stick with an emulator
      It's 190$. Yeah it may be somewhat pricey but for everything it does on both visuals/audio and includes all regions in just one slick box i think it's well worth it. Emulators that's all good if you're content on just getting some solid gameplay Super Nt is for the purists who want the most authentic experience possible.

https://www.analogue.co/pages/super-nt/

Comment

Originally posted by Little Mac 91 View Post
        It's 190$. Yeah it may be somewhat pricey but for everything it does on both visuals/audio and includes all regions in just one slick box i think it's well worth it. Emulators that's all good if you're content on just getting some solid gameplay Super Nt is for the purists who want the most authentic experience possible.

The thing is I still have my Super Nintendo and it works. I guess the only incentive would be the upgrade in visuals

Comment

I dont get it, is this one of those consoles with the games built in or do I have to buy the games?

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
            I dont get it, is this one of those consoles with the games built in or do I have to buy the games?
            It's a real console - you insert a cartridge and play. It does actually have two built in games one being "Turrican - Directors Cut" (a game that was cut down for it's original release due to size and only now is released in it's fullest) and Turrican 2. These games are more fanservice from the console developer and a bonus.

But aside from the cartridge slot there is a Micro SD space. It used to be only for if you wanted to update your system (the very rare exception that would have some game malfunction... he's very prompt in fixing those), but now a jaikbreak has been released so you can get all the ROM-files added that way. You don't have to buy the games if you don't want to.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
              The thing is I still have my Super Nintendo and it works. I guess the only incentive would be the upgrade in visuals
              The issue never was about having a working console but that they're not built around HDMI TV's and won't work properly on them. I see the main incentive in that it actually works on newer technology and the increased visuals as a bonus. CRT TV's are clunky and useless for everyting else so it's a hassle for most people keeping them around but if you do the console will work just fine that way.

Comment

Nice to know someone is making these consoles work on modern UHD TVs. Now if someone can just do that with the original NES as well, so you can play all the light gun games on on a modern TV and not have to deal with any lag on Mike Tyson's Punch Out!, then you'll really have something there too.

Comment

Any interest in this console around? For those of you who don't know it's a SNES console adapted to play in HDMI with zero delay or any other visual deteriation. It supports both 1080p and 720p, 60Hz or 50Hz (PAL), Us Eu and Jap region games.

The console is not made to emulate games but actually mimick the original hardware so for all intense and purposes you're playing on a real SNES. Everything down to a specific game flickring in a certain spot will do the same on the Nt.
                  I'm interested to see when they release an update that lets you play other consoles on it.

They did that with the ridiculous priced NES didn't they?

Comment

Originally posted by lightsout_finit View Post
                    I'm interested to see when they release an update that lets you play other consoles on it.

They did that with the ridiculous priced NES didn't they?
                    I'm not sure about those things but i think he plans to. But then there will be no original controller to plug in and no original carts to insert either so i wouldn't like it...

Comment

Working...
                    X