Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How well could Froch take Kovalev's power...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like Froch but at this point he gets knocked out by Sergey

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
      Probably worse than this...

...and no he wouldn't get back up.
      No ****

Comment

Originally posted by PainfromUkraine View Post
        Similar situation if he fought GGG - if that did happen though how do you think the fight would go?
        I like Golovkin in the fight but I don't think Gennady belongs at 168 and it would be a significant risk for him.

Watching Golovkin against Ouma and Stevens, he doesn't seem to want to move out of the way when hes getting hit preferring to eat the punches flush. That's okay at 160, but imo it's a dangerous strategy at 168 where opponents hit that much harder and where his chin is untested.

Comment

Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
          Froch would hit the floor multiple times early. The only question is if he could survive and make Kovalev punch himself out. Not exactly a promising road to victory and obviously a fight that isn't happening as Froch didn't even want to step up to face Stevenson. He's been in enough tough fights to start picking stupid ones at this stage.
          Oh, most definitely. I simply had this thought because of all theoretically possible opponents for Kovalev, or those that have been linked, Froch probably has the best chin and heart of the lot.

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
          I like Golovkin in the fight but I don't think Gennady belongs at 168 and it would be a significant risk for him.

Watching Golovkin against Ouma and Stevens, he doesn't seem to want to move out of the way when hes getting hit preferring to eat the punches flush. That's okay at 160, but imo it's a dangerous strategy at 168 where opponents hit that much harder and where his chin is untested.
          It would be tough for sure, but I think he could do it with the right game plan...if he doesn't tire himself out and Froch leads with his chin again, then I reckon GGG could take the W.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
            I think he'd beat Kovalev

Like Lennox Lewis said on twitter, you can have brute force power like Wilder, but when you come up against a boxer with a good chin and knows how to tie you up. that power means nothing and then u realize u cant blast everyone out

This thread is in relation to Froch and Kovalev, not Ward and Kovalev. But based on the Wilder comparison and previous posts in general, I'm going to assume you're trolling.

Comment

Originally posted by PainfromUkraine View Post
              ...if Kovalev moved down or they fought at catchweight? Froch is known to have that Iron chin and Iron will but he's getting on a bit and has been hurt/put on his arse by much less dangerous and powerful punchers.

If Froch's performance v Groves really bothers you or sways your opinion of him in relation to this fight, judge him based on his form after the Kessler 2 fight.

Potentially, at slightly lighter Kovalev might lose a bit of that bang but I doubt it. In any case, there is a debate to be had here, what approach or attributes would be best useful or required to beat Kovalev - Andre Ward's superior boxing skills or Froch's toughness and ability to get stronger as the fight goes on?

Discuss...
              I like Carl but Judging from the Groves fight and final few rounds of Kessler vs Froch, I don't think so.. Carl had a great chin a few years back but maybe it's age catching up on him or something else but it seems to have let him down lately!

Kovalev seems like a small enough Light Heavy so I don't see him doing a Chad Dawson if they did fight at 168 or close to it, and i think everybody here would agree that Kovalev hits a lot harder than groves or Kess!!

Comment

Oh and I think that a prime Froch's chin would be comparable to Cleverly who I think has a very good chin... And look what Kov done to him

Comment

Originally posted by toshmurph View Post
                  I like Carl but Judging from the Groves fight and final few rounds of Kessler vs Froch, I don't think so.. Carl had a great chin a few years back but maybe it's age catching up on him or something else but it seems to have let him down lately!

Kovalev seems like a small enough Light Heavy so I don't see him doing a Chad Dawson if they did fight at 168 or close to it, and i think everybody here would agree that Kovalev hits a lot harder than groves or Kess!!
                  Well, to be fair v Groves he showed he has really good powers of recovery, that was as heavy a knockdown as they come if you see his eyes, and his legs seemed to be under him straight away. And then he was taking more bombs from Groves later and seemed not to be fazed too much, so his chin is still in tact. I thought he nearly got Kessler out of there late on if I remember right so I don't see a problem there. Of course Kovalev is a harder puncher than what he's been facing but if he moved down I suspect he may just lose a bit of that dynamite but then again he might not, hard to really say. At this point I think Kovalev would certainly be a favourite though.

Comment

Originally posted by toshmurph View Post
                    Oh and I think that a prime Froch's chin would be comparable to Cleverly who I think has a very good chin... And look what Kov done to him
                    Cleverly was perceived to have this iron chin by virtue of never being down but to be honest he never fought any big punchers to my knowledge, and Kovalev was the first guy to really hit him who COULD hurt him, so I think Froch is much more battle tested due to far, far better resume of tougher fighters.

Comment

Froch has a granite chin. It's unreal.

Comment

Working...
                      X