Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Opens As 25/1 Favorite For Yet To Be Announced Szeremeta Clash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate mando fights in boxing. Granted sometimes guys have earned it & deserve it, but primarily they seemed to have gotten them off of lower level setup fights.

Comment

Originally posted by robbyheartbaby View Post
      As one of Golovkins harshest critics but someone with more knowledge on boxing than most, do the recent fights with Jacobs, Canelo and Derevyanchenko at least give G some cred in your opinion? Keen to hear your thoughts. He waited until the tail end of his career to get the biggest fights but i really think he cemented his place as an all time great with those performances given his age. He certainly gets a lot of hate on this forum though.

kinda... but, not really

Canelo is boxings cashcow, every fighter would cut off one of their fingers for that fight

NOBODY deserves credit for selecting/or agreeing to fight, Canelo

in saying that, I thought his performance in the first Canelo fight was very good, considering

I told everyone that he would struggle with Canelo

but with Jacobs and Derevy... Jacobs was a big underdog, and Derevy had just lost to Jacobs... he does deserve credit for beating Jacobs, sure... but I cannot forget how that negotiation played out... they did everything they could to kill that fight, Golovkin would have been happy without Jacobs on his record

and they picked Derevy ahead of Charlo/Andrade, so... ?

in short... I would answer yes, with a *... his resume is certainly better with those fights included

I do not want to be one of Golovkin's harshest critics... I want fans to... 1) keep it real about him, Golovkin is not even close to being a ATG... a HOF'er, arguably... an ATG, NO!... ATG criteria is resume ONLY, and it needs to be damn good to even be considered... 2) and I wish they would stop bashing other (usually BETTER) fighters, to somehow elevate Golovkin

Ward, Hopkins, Froch, Lara, Cotto, Martinez, Pavlik,... even greats like Hagler, Monzon, etc... got bashed mercilessly by the Golovkin krew... and most of those fighters, if not all, are better than Golovkin

creating a thread insisting that Hagler is over-rated, simply because you like Golovkin and want him to be regarded higher... without him having to actually prove it in the ring... is insane

you simply cannot be regarded as a great fighter if your 2nd best win is David Lemieux

and many of the guys who bashed those great fighters made weak silly excuses to justify why Golovkin would not fight better opponents

it has all gone way too far... me included... but, here we are

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
        You can't have hard fights every time out.

In the last 2 years or so he has fought 3 gruelling fights, Canelo twice and D'chenko. Each one was progressively harder. The D'Chenko fight has just won fight of the Year - I think you'll find that the basic component of that award is that the fight must have a lot of drama.

Canelo's resume is being built in such a way that at the end of his career he'll be a shoe-in for the HOF and possibly go down as an ATG. That Golovkin fought 2 close fights with him and arguably handed him his a5s in the 1st fight will look better as the years pass.

you kinda have a point there

fair call

but geez... it is hard to get excited about the guys he selects

his stay-busy fights are very poor

bro, have you seen Szeremeta fight... ?

me neither... and neither has anyone else

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. 29K View Post
          Why not Charlo or Andrade? Oh that’s right... he’ll get another boxing lesson. This guy is a phucking coward. He should just go away. I hope karma bites this PED cheat sooner or later.
          Man you a mufa fuken coward.
          Shut the fuk up bich.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
            Aha. I never really looked into it (cos frankly I don't care a huge amount), but kinda assumed 'stakeholder' meant he had a vested interest in the growth of the service. So what you're saying is that GGG will ultimately get the same return irrespective of how successful the service becomes, but it's more likely he'll see that return sooner if the service does better. Have I understood what you're saying right there, man?

Any chance you can link me to something for a bit more detail?
            It may have been Rafael or Hauser whom reported how GGG’s pay was shown when he disclosed the official purses which weren’t as it was initially reported, like half.

Think about it. Look at his matchups. I would say Rolls is equivalent to the Fielding, and Devry is the equivalent of the Jacobs. Difference is Fielding at least had a secondary trinket whereas Rolls didn’t and was even a lower weight than what Canelo offered DAZN. And Jacobs was a unification fight whereas GGG and Devry was a vacant opportunity.

This all means it’s a a third south for what Canelo earns and the main difference is that Canelo has a proven track record with metrics whereas GGG doesn’t, at least not like Canelo’s. DAZN must know that GGG’s PPV metrics were because of Canelo.

We have to take this all into consideration. GGG doesn’t have to take risky fights on DAZN so therefore he won’t get those premiums. These were all predetermined when making his contract considering DAZN hadn’t moved the needle yet at all.

Loeffler is a sneaky guy. I’m more than sure he’s the one whom have some idea to settle for less as long as later they get the promised amount. As usual GGG being told what to say as well.

Golovkin is not the type to say “DAZN is Canelo’s boss, I am my own boss.” At the financial table, how does GGG even come up with that stuff? Headlines by former K2 orchestrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Young Bidness View Post
              It may have been Rafael or Hauser whom reported how GGG’s pay was shown when he disclosed the official purses which weren’t as it was initially reported, like half.

Think about it. Look at his matchups. I would say Rolls is equivalent to the Fielding, and Devry is the equivalent of the Jacobs. Difference is Fielding at least had a secondary trinket whereas Rolls didn’t and was even a lower weight than what Canelo offered DAZN. And Jacobs was a unification fight whereas GGG and Devry was a vacant opportunity.

This all means it’s a a third south for what Canelo earns and the main difference is that Canelo has a proven track record with metrics whereas GGG doesn’t, at least not like Canelo’s. DAZN must know that GGG’s PPV metrics were because of Canelo.

We have to take this all into consideration. GGG doesn’t have to take risky fights on DAZN so therefore he won’t get those premiums. These were all predetermined when making his contract considering DAZN hadn’t moved the needle yet at all.

Loeffler is a sneaky guy. I’m more than sure he’s the one whom have some idea to settle for less as long as later they get the promised amount. As usual GGG being told what to say as well.

Golovkin is not the type to say “DAZN is Canelo’s boss, I am my own boss.” At the financial table, how does GGG even come up with that stuff? Headlines by former K2 orchestrated.
              Mmm, hmm. Well, as ever, thanks for taking the time to furnish me with a good volume of speculation and opinion to wade through, but I was rather hoping for something a little more fact based.

OK. Now. All the reports I can find seem to be based on this tweet by Rafael

Now this states fairly clearly that $7.5 mil of GGGs purse is in the form of equity in DAZN parent company... which in this context almost certainly means shares, possibly in Access Industries (parent to DAZN Group).

So yeah, from that I'm taking from that GGG does actually have a vested interest on the service performing well, quite aside from the fact that his own promotional company (GGG promotions) has an agrrement with DAZN for them to showcase some of his fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. 29K View Post
                Why not Charlo or Andrade? Oh that’s right... he’ll get another boxing lesson. This guy is a phucking coward. He should just go away. I hope karma bites this PED cheat sooner or later.
                Its a IBF mandatory you dumb fuker... are you you really that stupid? Your mom should've aborted you.

Comment

Originally posted by MPDKSAB View Post
                  The sad part about this is media members will suck his dìck & not apply pressure & ask "why he's not fighting Andrade" when there's nothing stopping that fight.
                  Andrade has fight on Jan 30th you clown... how will he be ready to fight in time for March 28th? Get your facts straight before talking through your anus!

Comment

Originally posted by SchoolTheseCats View Post
                    Triple bum just fought his mando this is a pointless fight.... he should be unifying or rematching chenko not fighting pointless ibf fights
                    How can he have just fought his mandatory if he wasn't even champion at the time of said fight you dense c u n t...

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                      that fight has not been ordered

Golovkin is selecting who he wants to fight, as always
                      Lol the irony... Canelo has made an entire career out of doing that - when faced with mandatories he ducks and vacates. If GGG takes on the IBF's number 1 contender next he'll be able to take on a high calibre voluntary afterwards - maybe the Sergey rematch or Canrlo trilogy if ginger puss can finally find his balls.

Comment

Working...
                      X