Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How important is the 'THUG MENTALITY' for a boxer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The average IQ of this website is dropping fast

Comment

No, i think you mean a near unholy level of arrogance then yes. Believing yourself to be invincible makes you take risks and do things that other fighters to concerned about getting hurt or beaten will not take.

Not all great fighters have it but it can be helpful to a point. The problem with fighters like these though is when/if they lose a lot of them never recover. That risks they used to take that made them winners, they don't take anymore and it ends their careers.

Comment

So...you have vast knowledge of an unknown future and can tell us that someone like Muhammad Ali would have been a bank robber if he hadn't been a boxer. How do you know such things oh great one?

Comment

call it what you want, getting mentally in the zone.

smiling inner confidence or boisterous egotism. all the same.

Comment

"I don't know abouts no thugz life"

Comment

It depends on what you mean by "thug." I've seen some of the most thuggish fighters get humbled in the ring. The thug mentality works if it can translate it in the ring. I can go down a long list of fighters that were straight killas in the ring.

The one boxer I would classify a straight thug in and out of the ring is Aaron Pryor.

Comment

Manny Pacquiao isnt a thug
                You just have to be hungry, guys from the street are hungry because boxing is all they have

Comment

Micky Ward was a tough never give up Irish Bostonian

Comment

It's not, it's total bull****, an act. You know how many "thugs" walk into a boxing gym or anything like it and leave in tears or completely embarrassed? Many trainers would prefer you leave that **** at the door so you can learn and not you think you know it all.

Does it sell as the villain? Yep, so that's fine as an act.
                    Does it get kids off the street and give them a purpose? Yep, which is great, but most kids need a real mentor if they don't have 1 or both parents.

Ward conducts himself professionally, Vladimir, Holyfield, Lewis, Bradley, Cotto, Canelo, Golovkin (yes I'll be nice this time), lomachenko, the list goes on and on of fighters who are professional and show/showed class. This is a sport for professionals, you want to be a thug, go get your ass out in the street and take your chances.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
                      you have to have that "**** YOU" mentality in any competition sport..kill or be killed!!!!!!!!
                      How the f'uck would you know f@ggot?
                      You never fought you little b'itch.

Why you talkin tough larry? You a f@ggot.
                      Snitchin on a forum...

Comment

Working...
                      X