How to know if a headgear fits nicely

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to know if a headgear fits nicely

Hi, guys,

I'm new to the training equipment and I need some advice regarding how to choose the correct size of a boxing headguard.

My coach advised me to buy a headguard, because he wants me to do some light sparring sessions. I had few headguards in mind but all of them lacked cheek and ear protection. He told me to buy a specific model and I did, but I'm not sure if it's the correct size.

The main thing that's bothering me is the ear protection - the holes are not on top of the ears but 2-3 centimeters away. Another thing that bothers me is that the headgear feels a bit tight. I've tried one size larger but it was somewhat loosy (I could feel the blank spaces between the guard and the forehead). So I got the smallest size (M), but I'm not sure if it's fitted right.

Attaching some pictures, the lightning wasn't good, I can reshoot them if needed.

Is that your nose in that ear guard in the first picture. If it is, I would not recommend any sparring for you in that headgear.

And as for the tightness, just put some grease on your forehead, that will loosen it up a bit........
    Last edited by Rockin'; 10-22-2016, 12:53 AM.

Comment

I see what you're saying. If it's actively pinching and annoying your ears, try a different brand. Going larger is a bad idea as the last thing you want is to have to dick around with your headgear during sparring because it's spinning every time you get hit. A different brand will be cut different and I'm sure you can find one that fits your weird shaped head (kidding, kidding).
      If it's not hurting, don't worry about it. They never fit perfectly.

Comment

I asked the guy at the shop "How do I look like", but he told me that I have to tell for myself if the guard feels OK.

Feels a bit tight, not irritating and it doesn't hurt my ears.
        Last edited by MasterIdori; 10-22-2016, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Got size L and it fits like a charm. I don't know why I didn't like it in a first place, probably forgot to tighten it firmly.

Comment

if it fits your head and doesnt move around when u get hit it fits

Comment

People will disagree with this but
              Put it on
              Find a brick wall
              Run at that muthafxcka as hard as you can and jump into it headfirst
              It will then fit perfectly

Comment

Working...
              X