Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Proof Pacquiao ducked Khan, Bob Arum lied and HBO did not pass up on the fight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My respect for Canelo just grew, everyone ducked Khan, Pacquaio, Mayweather, Bradley but not CANELO he aint shook.

Comment

Yeah, Bob definitely lied. It's not a duck though.

Comment

I don't think Arum wanted the fight either but I don't think Pacquiao was concerned about Khan.

Either way this Khan/Canelo fight is ass

Comment

Top Rank ducking? You don't say

Comment

lol, you have a point.

We all knew Pac's last fight was going to be against an in house opponent. The excuse from Arum was just terrible though.

Comment

But why would Pacquiao duck Amir Khan in his last fight. If Pacquiao gets beat, his future PPV fights won't suffer because he will retire anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxtime View Post
                Bob Arum the crook told us that the Pacquiao v Khan fight didn't happen because HBO didn't believe Khan was big enough of a name for PPV. But Khan now happens to be big enough of a name to fight Canelo Alvarez, HBO's star attraction on HBO PPV?
                Canelo Alvarez calls his own shot, regardless of what anyone else wants to say about it; against the protests of everyone, Alvarez fought Erislandy Lara because that was the fight he wanted.

Unless things drastically changed since Schaefer left, Canelo Alvarez takes home 85% of the proceeds off of the US PPV, Alvarez seems to have exclusive rights to his TV deal in Mexico, and he's locked up some prime sponsorhips.

Canelo needed a marketable opponent for Cinco de Mayo weekend, access to fighters was limited (thanks HBO/Golden Boy), and Khan likely emerged as the most marketable name that was available (Khan fighting in the US for so long that I doubt that his UK profile is really all that, but he's likely sold Oscar on being this massive UK star that folks will travel for).

Comment

Bob Arum is biggest liar in boxing greedy leecher.

Comment

And I believe Pacquaio was misinformed by Arum he actually didn't duck, Arum was the real culprit who never want this fight.

Comment

Its obvious Arum wanted to keep it in house. Most promoters will do that if they can. Oscar has shown to be more willing to work with others.

Also, I thought this fight was going to be HBO PPV regardless of opponent? So of course they would accept Khan as a choice if Rosado/Monroe were the other options.

Comment

Working...
                      X