Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Be honest, why does Ward want to fight a smaller guy so bad?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
    If he is so scared why are they negotiations with HBO and Kov fighting next year fool???

Just face it GGG fans, you guys aren't very confident that he can beat Ward, but had your mouth watering over GGG fighting Mayweather who is 2 weight classes below him....clear double standard!!......Do you hear any Ward fans complaining about him fighting Stevenson, Kov, or the light heavyweights?? His fans have faith in him regardless of who he faces because he is proven.....GGG fans, well not so much
    i don't know about ward being scared.

but ward-kov is hbo idea not ward.

ward wants to be on hbo. hbo won't give it to him unless he promises a kovalev fight.

similar to hbo doing cotto-geale but cotto had to agree to fight canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by LeonSpinxMwfpce View Post
      Who cares about what ifs? Dude is retired. Tell us why you want Ward to fight the smaller guy so bad. I mean damn, you even call him "little". What does Ward gain by beating a smaller fighter again?
      You brought up Mayweather and Little G in the first post.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
        ward is at 168.

ggg is at 160.

ggg doesn't have to move up if he doesn't want to.

any more than ward has to move up to 175 or move down to 160.
        It's true but people don't like to hear that because they would have nothing to talk about.

Comment

Negotiations don't mean squat. An actual fight does. Focus on the topic at hand. Why do you want Ward to fight the smaller guy so bad?
          GGG is suppose to be a beast right???

People called Mayweather a coward, a puzzy, may or may not weather but he has won titles ranging 24 pounds and the most feared fighter in boxing cant go up one division?? 8 pounds....fighters some of you guys diss go up in weight but your hero shouldn't? its a part of boxing and 160 doesn't present too many challenges for him, I don't like watching mismatches between GGG knocking out C level guys

Its not even about size.....its seeing the best pure boxer vs the best pure puncher....its the classic boxing match up

and the more Abel Sanchez talks out of his azz the more I want to see the fight happen.

Also outside of Quillen, and Lee their isn't much left at 160. I'll leave my thoughts on him facing the winner of Cotto-Canelo til the fight happens

Comment

ward is at 168.

ggg is at 160.

ggg doesn't have to move up if he doesn't want to.

any more than ward has to move up to 175 or move down to 160.
            Perfect answer! It is gonna be what it is gonna be!

Comment

i don't know about ward being scared.

but ward-kov is hbo idea not ward.

ward wants to be on hbo. hbo won't give it to him unless he promises a kovalev fight.

similar to hbo doing cotto-geale but cotto had to agree to fight canelo.
              He is gonna have to fight Kov if he wants to reestablish himself...I cant wait

Comment

He's already spent his entire career fighting smaller guys (he was gold medalist at light heavyweight). And now his focus, and his fans focus is on an even smaller guy.

What kind of weird crap is that? That would be like Golovkin trying so hard to get a fight with Floyd. Wards fans would be so mad at that, so why are they so focused on the smaller man who they say Ward would easily beat? Don't fans want their favorites to overcome great challenges anymore?
                Insecurity no power the guy has 13 ko's in 30 fights fighting smaller guys

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                  It's true but people don't like to hear that because they would have nothing to talk about.
                  i'm fine with ggg-ward 168 or ward-kov 175.

but if they don't want to move up, that's not a big deal.

as long as they make weight and fight the guys in their division.

i'd rather ggg/ward stay at 160/168 than bust a cotto. be 160 champ but not fight at 160.

Comment

i'm fine with ggg-ward 168 or ward-kov 175.

but if they don't want to move up, that's not a big deal.

as long as they make weight and fight the guys in their division.

i'd rather ggg/ward stay at 160/168 than bust a cotto. be 160 champ but not fight at 160.
                    That's the WBC's fault for letting it happen. Technically under their rules it's only ok if they ok it.

But we know about the WBC and rules. They say a lot of stuff but if Canelo wins, we will see what they actually do.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                      You brought up Mayweather and Little G in the first post.
                      Just answer the question. Why do you want Ward to fight the smaller man so badly?

Comment

Working...
                      X