Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top 25 fighters of the last 25 years

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

id rank morales over holyfield and lewis Eriks wins are simply better and he moved up weight classes to boot, Morales the most underated fighter in the last 30 yrs...

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
      Boxing News magazine did a feature on this in their latest issue. Their list was :

Top 25 Fighters of the last 25 Years

1. Roy Jones Jr
      2. Floyd Mayweather
      3. Manny Pacquiao
      4. Bernard Hopkins
      5. Lennox Lewis
      6. Ricardo Lopez
      7. Pernell Whittaker
      8. Julio Cesar Chavez
      9. Juan Manuel Marquez
      10. Evander Holyfield
      11. Marco Antonio Barrera
      12. Erik Morales
      13. Felix Trinidad
      14. Miguel Cotto
      15. Shane Mosley
      16. Oscar De La Hoya
      17. Wlad Klitschko
      18. Michael Carbajal
      19. Vitali Klitschko
      20. James Toney
      21. Joe Calzaghe
      22. Andre Ward
      23. Kosta Tszyu
      24. Michael Moorer
      25. Dariusz Michalczewski
      all the relevant names are there but I can't agree with how they're ranked. Can anyone honestly rank Oscar, who holds wins over Whitaker, Chavez Sr, Quartey, Carr and Sturm but also should have victories over Tito and Mosley, below Miguel Cotto, who has lost 3 of the 5 biggest fights of his career? C'mon now.

Also, how does Vitali rank above Toney and Moorer...I'm not even a fan of the latter two but let's get serious here.

And I'm still curious what makes RJJ as the best of the lot? And how has Marquez made it in over Barrera and Morales, both men not only achieved more but have far superior wins apart from the Pac KO.

Comment

Prime RJJ was the closest thing to a modern Sugar Ray Robinson we've had..harder to catch in his prime than Floyd and one punch KO power..and if Toney fought him 10 times in his prime with no excuses, he woulda lost every time.. Roy was too fast for Toney...he dominated him.

Comment

Originally posted by PorterIsFuture View Post
          If it was resume I would have Pacquiao at #1.
          For best fighter you can make a case for RJJ, Whitaker, or Floyd.

The Top 5 is a consensus those 4 + Hopkins.
          The bold I can agree on. The order is a matter of preference.

Comment

Based on everything done between 1990 and 2015, I think they got most of the names right. As with most, I have some disagreements with the rankings.

I am one of the most ardent haters of c0cksmoker delablowa on NSB. There is no way he is behind Tito or Cotto.

Vitali on this list is utterly preposterous. Hamed not being on the list is equally preposterous.

Chavez sr is too high given the time frame. I would have ODH above him only because of the time frame we are looking at.

I also agree Toney should be higher and McCallum over Dariusz.

Comment

Working...
            X