Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Floyd hates Bob, wouldn't beating Pac long ago stopped him earning more money?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course a win over Pacquiao would ruin Pacquiaos drawing power because half of Pacs fan base is the Mayweather haters. Bob knew/knows this. Why do you think they turned down a 50/50 split with a 14 day cut off on drug testing? And all the Mayweather hating in the world can never change that fact. So I'm convinced nobody from Top Rank ever wanted to make that fight or they wouldn't of passed.

Comment

Originally posted by Rights4Gays View Post
      What I mean is, why not fight and beat Pac and end Bob's cash cow. Heck even do a test yourself only and fight like some such as Donaire and I believe GSP from the UFC after his opponent refused. That would show you're the bigger man.
      Because only an idiot would allow his business rival to dictate terms when he himself is the one holding all the business leverage. Real men conduct business with their brains, not with their emotions.

Manny Pacquiao is the financially irresponsible one who is broke and needs this fight. Not Floyd.

Floyd is the larger PPV draw. Not Pacquiao. Pacquiao has to accept his inferior position, and not play his cards like he is the A-side.

Pacquiao demanded 50:50, Floyd pay $10 MILLION per pound over 147. Floyd agreed, in the spirit of making the fight.

Floyd then asked for extra PED testing for BOTH fighters. Manny refused. Floyd said, "I'm the bigger business draw. Who the **** do you think you are to dictate two conditions to me, then refuse the one condition I ask for?"

Floyd then made a serious push to fight Manny again. Bob Arum saw that Floyd was dead serious, and his Filipino cash cow would be gone if Floyd beat him. "We HAVE to build an outdoor stadium to have this fight. There is NO other choice."

Pacquiao and Arum have ducked and ducked again, but ignorant idiots insist it's Mayweather is ducking.

Pacquiao is financially broke. Bob Arum probably stole more than $50 million from him. He HAS to accept his inferior position, swallow his pride completely, and accept whatever scraps Floyd condescends to give him. Otherwise, he and his disgusting, irrational fans need to **** off and stop poisoning the fight game.

Comment

Originally posted by Evol View Post
        it was on espn and if it wasnt true floyd would have came out and corrected it by now dont u think?? and LOL @ the email u're reffering too because if thats true u would think it would have air out by now lmao @ reaching!!
        ESPN article please

Comment

Originally posted by Rights4Gays View Post
          If Floyd beat Pac in say 2010 or so, then maybe the build up of Pac facing Floyd would not have happened and many PPV's lost.
          This is a pretty good point, we all might be frustrated at the back and forth between the camps and teams but we will still buy it..

One thing I would say is the effect that it being dragged out has had on casual fans and the guys who don't follow the sport but have heard about this super fight. I mean a few years back I would say the iron was really hot and the time to make the fight was back then because I had friends who don't know the difference between Ali and Hamed and even they where asking me about it...These days not so much, but hey thats just me.

Good question in that respect though.

Comment

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=622505

Comment

People who have actually been in the boxing also know the truth, Pacquiao's status as the #2 PPV draw is based on a complete fraud.

Pacquiao beat Oscar to become a superstar, then everyone says he beat the bigger Oscar worse than Floyd did.

De La Hoya vs. Mayweather:
              Oscar rehydrated up to ~170 lbs in the ring.
              Floyd was 151 in the ring.

De La Hoya vs. Pacquiao:
              Oscar had not fought at 147 lbs for the last 7 years. He was drained and 147 lbs in the ring.
              Pacquiao was a hydrated 148 lbs in the ring.

Pacquiao was 1 pound BIGGER in the ring. Eating three meals everyday, fully hydrated.

Oscar was a starved, dehydrated 147 lbs, dead man walking in the ring.

Canelo last fought at 147 in 2010, only THREE years before his fight with Floyd. But people act like it's a travesty Floyd got at 152 lb catchweight, when he is has all the business leverage, and Canelo had never headlined even ONE PPV.

Pacquiao's entire career since his Oscar fight has been a total fraud.

This is what Andre Ward(#2 P4P) has to say:

otrboxingradio(dot)com/?p=1714

"I think Manny has a great legacy, but we got to be honest about some of his fights though. The De La Hoya fight, that’s a fight I don’t know how it would of played out if De La Hoya had been able to come in full strength, but it’s no secret that De La Hoya really had to suck himself down. Cotto had to lose weight. I’m not taking nothing from Pacquiao but with all due respect to Manny you gotta to look at Floyd’s resume, and people love to hate Floyd but people have to understand what he has been doing since the 90′s, people just totally wiped out the 90′s and forgot about it when it comes to Floyd Mayweather.

After Floyd fought Genaro Hernandez, after his first year as a professional, first year and half, the dude didn’t not look back, he’s fought one good fighter after another and he’s beat them. Just compare the De La Hoya fight for Pacquiao, with the one with Floyd. Floyd did not have any say in the ring size, he fought at a weight class above his, I think De La Hoya got to pick the gloves, everything was against Floyd with De La Hoya compared to when Manny fought him."

Comment

He's too scared. Not gonna happen. He really doesn't need this fight.
                Like he said, "What if I lose?" This is not the type of fighter who
                would fight to prove himself; for the challenge of beating the world's
                superstar of boxing. Forget about doing it for the spirit of the sport,
                or giving the fans what they want. He's not that type of fighter.
                Give it up, doe.

Comment

The fact that so many people believe to this day that:

1. Pacquiao beat a bigger Oscar.
                  2. Mayweather ducked Pacquiao.

is a testament to just how many idiots think they know boxing.

All you have to do is look at the facts, to see that Pacquiao/Arum and Co. have been bullshting everyone.

Comment

The bottom line is that if Floyd was confident he could beat Manny, he would have already fought him. End of story.

He brags about being about the money: this would be the biggest payday of his career. Again, if he was confident he could beat Manny, he would have taken the big money.

Comment

Originally posted by stuff jones View Post
                      The bottom line is that if Floyd was confident he could beat Manny, he would have already fought him. End of story.

He brags about being about the money: this would be the biggest payday of his career. Again, if he was confident he could beat Manny, he would have taken the big money.
                      I'm sure Floyd is confident he can beat Paulie Malignaggi. That does not mean he would accept Paulie dictating business terms to him, if Paulie insisted on those terms to fight. Floyd is the bigger PPV draw with the most business leverage, thus potential opponents HAVE to accept his terms or **** off and get lost.

Yes, Mayweather Pacquiao would generate the biggest pie, but right now, HBO and Bob Arum would have to be given their cut of the pie. If Floyd waits out Pacquiao's contract, he'll be able to get th same pie, and only share it with Golden Boy and Showtime.

How do so many idiots not inderstand this?

Comment

Working...
                      X