Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morata is the kind of striker (at the moment) that should likely be paired with a 2nd striker. That was his intentional development at Juventus but seems like he's being pushed into the polished striker mould asap and growing pains are showing.

Because at Juventus, if Conte stayed or Morata stayed, he would have continued to be paired with Llorente and then Dybala when he eventually arrived. Higuain probably wouldn't have been bought if Morata stayed and then Higuain would either be in England (Chelsea, Liverpool etc.), either Milan club, or back in South America like Fernando Gago who left Argentina for Madrid the same time Higuain did (worst case scenario).

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
      Not sure I want Chelsea to go through based on that dicking they got from Roma.
      Didn't the same thing happen in 2012?

We looked absolutely atrocious and then suddenly ran the table under impossible odds, to go on and win the cup with the big ears. We had Meireles in midfield, shot-Torres... hell we still had Malouda.
      Last edited by F l i c k e r; 11-02-2017, 05:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
        Morata is the kind of striker (at the moment) that should likely be paired with a 2nd striker. That was his intentional development at Juventus but seems like he's being pushed into the polished striker mould asap and growing pains are showing.

Because at Juventus, if Conte stayed or Morata stayed, he would have continued to be paired with Llorente and then Dybala when he eventually arrived. Higuain probably wouldn't have been bought if Morata stayed and then Higuain would either be in England (Chelsea, Liverpool etc.), either Milan club, or back in South America like Fernando Gago who left Argentina for Madrid the same time Higuain did (worst case scenario).
        well it is true Morata always play alongside another striker at juve in 3-5-2 or 4-4-2 formation. good thing is morata is very flexible, he can play 2nd striker or centre forward. in the first year of morata in juve the first choice of strikers pair is Tevez(2nd st) and Llorente(cf), morata will replace or sub either of them if they're unfit and do their roles. in the 2nd season with tevez and Llorente gone Morata should be the first choice but the 2 new strikers Dybala and Mandzukic turn-out to be better than him in either of those position, again Morata continue his role as first choice sub for 2nd striker and CF position.

this Morata-Dybala-Mandzukic dillema is one of the cause of juve's slump in the early 2015/2016 season (2W-4D-4L, 14th at the table) eventually allegri decide Dybala-Mandzukic is the best pair for his formation, he was right, after that juve smashing record of 25W-1D and no loses in the next 26 games and breaking all kinds of serie a record.

the thing is Morata is very hot and cold, at one game he look invicible even better than dybala with his pace, teamwork and spectacular finishing and this wonderful performance was happen against very strong team too, many are in CL games. but many in many games he fall alot, forget to track back, fail to link-up plays and lazy at pressure in opponent's half.

Comment

Morata is the kind of striker (at the moment) that should likely be paired with a 2nd striker. That was his intentional development at Juventus but seems like he's being pushed into the polished striker mould asap and growing pains are showing.

i also only seen once morata play as lone striker in juve. is when juve play bayern in 2nd leg of CL round 16, i think that is one of his best performance in juve shirt and i was mad when allegri sub him of and change back his strategy to 2 strikers, one of allegri biggest blunder. i never seen Chelsea games this season but i think the lone striker role fit for Morata from what i hear/read of his performance this season and that one game against bayern.

Comment

• Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Morata is bad or not good. He's just going through the growing pains is all.

He's not used to the constant playing time, so he'll develop into the role. I just figure he could probably use a 2 striker set up to help with his progression.

Comment

• Word on the street though, Conte is ready to drop “any players who do not follow his orders” or “do not show an immediate improvement”.

Put the whole lot through the hair dryer after the Roma game. Even Kenedy who didn't even play but supposedly "yawned" during the meeting, got the work.

Comment

• 4-0 to United.. Conte treats his players like dogs.. the idiot needs to realize Chelsea are playing at least 2 games a week.. unlike in his first easy season.. he can't be having them do heavy training 24/7

Comment

Word on the street though, Conte is ready to drop “any players who do not follow his orders” or “do not show an immediate improvement”.

Put the whole lot through the hair dryer after the Roma game. Even Kenedy who didn't even play but supposedly "yawned" during the meeting, got the work.
                  The issue is our solid pros are playing badly too.

Cahill and Azpi are horrific at the moment. Willian is another good pro but he can barely play football at the moment. I can't express just how strongly that I feel that lad needs to be sent home. to chill out or something. Kid has lost the plot. Looks like an actual bum.

If you think about Chelsea's 2008 team it has Cech, Cole, Carvalho, Terry, Essien, Ballack, Lampard, and Drogba. Literally 6 international captains, a vice captain in Lampard, and a loud mouth Cole.

How about now?

Chelsea have been signing quiet men for years. Cesc is the only one with a voice in that team. Cahill just seems like he was Terry's little brother or something. Rudiger has potential to be a talker. Tibo to me seems like a bad egg and the others are just too quiet.

People mock the Drinkwater signing but he has a niche in that squad if he can take it. There is also a reason why a 17 year Ampadu has got minutes. He is a natural loud mouth. Chelsea must have had about 30 kids more talented than him but he has completed two full games.

Conte has done a bad job this season so far. But sacking him on reflection would be a disaster. He has balls and is the only leader around that first team. Reassess in the summer when Conte IMO will quit.

Playing wise I think we have Cahill, Azpi, Kante, Cesc, Rudiger, and Drinkwater who have balls.

That Kenedy kid needs to be f.ucked off too. He sounds like a ******.
                  Last edited by Sparked_26; 11-03-2017, 02:37 PM.

Comment

• The only thing I don't like about the Drinkwater signing is he is unfit/out as if he did in ligaments. Bakayoko literally had surgery right before signing for Chelsea and he is already putting in full 90 minutes even when he certainly is at most maybe 85% healthy? Drinkwater still isn't fit and he wasn't even on the surgeon's table for his injury.

Either he isn't good enough or his injury was more severe than what is being let on. He makes the odd cameo but he must be clearly levels below the rest at training or was injured more than what was reported.

I agree though, we don't really have any talkers. No one out there really commanding the side. I don't really even count Cesc because he gets red carded for dumb schit and contributes to us getting exposed more so than anyone else bar Cahill (arguable).

As for Kenedy, I don't really understand him. He was a left wing/forward when he came from Brazil. As for his actions, he's Brazilian and many of them aren't too bright. Let's be honest.

Pretty schit day of football too.

Comment

• Yeah but for once its gonna be a super sunday of football..

Rather then a Crystal Palace vs huddersfield + West Brom vs Stoke double header

Comment

Working...
                      X