No announcement yet.

How the **** does AJ gas so quickly?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
    He gassed a bit in the Wlad fight but got one heck of a second wind...so can't really complain about him gassing. It's not exactlt Mac or Canelo is it...unless you can show me otherwise.
    Yeah after another viewing it might have just been the pressure of his first big fight. I'll need to see him against another big fighter to determine it.

Comment

too much muscle. probably an excessive amount tbh, not that hes done too bad mind you, but would think he'd be even better if he lost a bit of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy T View Post
        He went 11 rounds with Wlad in a fight where more punches were thrown by guys of their size than pretty much anything ever and knocked his man out in the 11th. Hardly stamina issues there - nobody with bad stamina does that. Yeah he gassed a bit in what was it round 5 or so but he also got clobbered with a big shot and was throwing a crazy amount of leather before that.

If you want to talk about real gassing out look at Mcgreggor
        No, Josh has never gassed. The ref would have stopped it otherwise hes always been in a position to defend himself hasn't he? Im sure Josh has been tired at certain points of fight. Im sure Floyd mayweather has been tired as well although youd never be able to tell. He doesn't like to admit to anything almost to the point he doesn't like to admit a punch has ever hurt him.

Comment

He knocked an ATG out in the 11th round after being knocked down himself so his stamina can't be that bad. Stop this rubbish. You might not like him but you can't argue about his achievements in a very short time.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
            Yeah a mix of these 3. Bulk, explosive energy burning style and he isnt all that relaxed in the ring.

I was impressed by his recovery vs Wlad as I thought he was done done, but it did take him a while.

Hes making the right noises about taking cardio more seriously, hopefully he is. I think 250lbs is far too big for him tbh.
            I've been vocal about AJ's flaws, but he showed me alot against Klitschko.

Still has a lot to work on though

Comment

Originally posted by Vegemil View Post
              Yeah after another viewing it might have just been the pressure of his first big fight. I'll need to see him against another big fighter to determine it.
              Oh, don't get me wrong, he was certainly physically tired, not just the mental strain of a big occassion but he found his feet again and unleashed hell on Wlad. That's why I am stating he doesn't have a bad engine, because he can get a second wind against such a physically dominant performer.

Comment

Training at a high pace is quite different than a fight. It might be at high intensity, but it's still at his own pace. Unless you're a beast in a fight there will be moments where the opponent is pushing the pace on you so that saps your energy in a way that you can't really simulate(other than the hardest of hard sparring).

Could not be breathing right during a fight, could not be relaxed. There's a few factors that could sap his energy fast.
                Last edited by Biolink; 09-05-2017, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
                  Training at a high pace is quite different than a fight. You train at your own pace. Unless you're a beast in a fight there will be moments where the opponent is pushing the pace on you so that saps your energy in a way that you can't really simulate(other than the hardest of hard sparring).
                  And you just cant recreate that nervous energy in training. All that adrenaline coursing through ya veins takes it out of you, especially after the 5th round KD. Josh went mental celebrating and then was gassed and hurt a minute or two later.

That just comes with experience as you get used to these big events. Not really any way around that unless you have that natural sociopathic calm that some people seem to have.

Comment

Working...
                  X