Props to Conor Mcgregor!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
    Where did you get 10yrs from????
    hatton v mayweather. i dont really count ortiz v mayweather.

Comment

The fight went almost exactly like I thought with Floyd winning by stoppage & I give props to Conor!

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        I thought you were going to give Props for landing more punches on Floyd than manny did.
        That too!

Originally posted by racer59 View Post
        Red K and reported for mental ******ation.

It must be the mustache.

Comment

Originally posted by -MEGA- View Post
          I was surprised at how well he did last night.

Of coarse I never expected him to win, before or during the fight. But he gave a good accounting of himself.

I was impressed.

Props to Conor!!
          Yeah...he really did a great job...much respect to him...

Comment

I was also impressed how Conor was able to avoid many of floyds punches.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
              awesome performance, well done! you became the first person to be legitimately stopped by mayweather in 10 years at the age of 40!!! truly surpassed all expectations.
              Lmao he has no response to this

Comment

He did do better than I expected. If he ended up even going the distance, it would've been a huge blow to Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
                  Why lmao?

I predicted numerous times before the fight that he would stumble around humiliating himself and it would be a blowout based on my many experiences watching people who think it looks easy lace up.

He did extremely well for his experience level. He hasn't boxed a lick since his mid teens if I recall?

I don't know Conor's exact size/boxing division equivalent but with years of training I could easily see him competitive with Quillin, N'dam level guys.
                  He is a fighter, forget about boxing training, he is a elite level fighter who is known for his striking

He fought a 40 year old, small, ring rusty, 2 year retired boxer who is not known for punch power or high work rate or walking down boxers

but Floyd did just that, walked him down and stopped him

Imagine what a bigger, active boxer with power, high work rate, etc would do to Conor

Honeslty i believe someone like Canelo would kill Conor in the ring, like kill him, really kill him

Even the small guys like Thurman, Spence would beat the breaks off Conor...

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooChild View Post
                    With this being Conor's pro boxing debut and going against the best boxer of our generation I think he did pretty well.
                    This. Anyone who can't give Conor McGregor respect for his attempt at daring to be great by making this movie level transition to another sport is being petty or insecure.

All things considered I believe Conor did better than 99.9% of anyone from any sport getting into boxing vs the best fighter of the last era. I mean ffs the Showtime scorer had it 5-4 Floyd going into the round Floyd stopped Conor in. Thats mfing crazy cuz I think there are 4 rounds you can legit suggest Conor won.

Meanwhile people were saying Conor wouldn't win one minute of one round. The guy over performed like him or not, you being petty about it or not. Even Floyd was respectful & said he was surprised with what Conor was capable of.

The guy failed, but failed doing something most cats would be too p#ssy to try & put in an honest attempt with his effort. I'll never hate on that & if I do I hope someone calls me on that sh^t so I can admit I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      No damage

He needs to send a cheque to Robert Byrd from saving him from brain damage
                      C'mon, do you really think this wasn't all planned? McGregor Sports Promotions will now be the home of cross-over fights, with Floyd as a silent partner.

Floyd building a stable of fighters for a sport he is walking away from, really? Take a look at the post fight party Conor had to celebrate the payday.

Both sports will now be diluted for a broader appeal which may not happen in the next 12 months, but definitely, start to roll out after 18 months.

FY17 Q 3&4 are a crucial time for balancing businesses' needs for the next FY. They will need to have some fights with lesser star power for an accurate forecast, which we should see over the next 3 months.

I don't need to go into details, but both sports changed forever this weekend and they will be looking to capitalize on the rivalry it could generate and turn it into $$$.

The millennials don't seem to commit to anything due to constant trend changes across social media changing their weekly outlook. This business model would not require commitment over long periods and the books can be balanced with "big" cross over-fights.

We'll see.

Comment

Working...
                      X