No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Keith Thurman Edges Shawn Porter To Win a War at Barclays

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Crazylegs77 View Post
    Porter, please learn how to box. Distance can be your friend.
    distance is the worst way to fight thurman

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      Thankfully Thurman came to fight not to clinch like Brook.
      You can tell that Thurman was trying not to clinch, but Porter's style makes it too easy to implement. ****, sometimes it's Porter who was initiating the clinches. Porter's pressure was also making Thurman look sloppier than usual.

Comment

• Clearly if you follow the sport you know who won damn it was fight for the fans for free..ppl complain about bad judging and complain when the make the right call...it will never end ....

Comment

• Gonna watch the fight again later, but just to summarise, I thought it was a close but clear win for Thurman, he wobbled Porter a few times and won his rounds more clearly.

Porter is packing absolute granite man, he took some unbelievable flush punches upstairs.

I wanna see Thurman vs Danny and Porter vs Guerrero next

Comment

• Close fight, and while I didn't score it, I thought Thurman edged it. Much better fight than I expected.

Comment

• Thurman surely landed more "whoa" shots.

Comment

• Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                Porter looked huge. No wonder he had to strip down to make weight. He must have weighed around 165-170 pounds.
                As much as people around here b1tch and moan about Canelo, Porter is just as bad. As an amateur, he fought at middleweight. And in the amateurs, that's 165lbs. And he's basically taken advantage of the day before weigh-in rules to have a successful career. If he had to weigh-in 12hrs or less before his fights. He'd be fighting at jr middleweight, at least. And seeing how he can't seem to beay anybody that he can't push around the ring. It leads me to believe that if he had to fight in more natural division. Its very unlikely that he would have much, or any success.

Comment

• Thurman won. it was a very good fight. best one on the card

Comment

• Originally posted by ElBossHogg View Post
                    porter won that fight.
                    I scored it for Porter too but it was close.

Comment

• I had Porter edging it 115-113 on initial viewing but have no issue with the scoring as Thurman was definitely landing the cleaner and harder shots on a consistent basis. The fact that they didn't even seem to phase Porter I think jaded my scoring a bit.

Overall, it was a great fight. Definitely down for a rematch.

Comment

Working...
                      X