Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lucas Browne, Hatton Promotions Speak On Recent Drug Test Results

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by denium View Post
    Yeah good one.

Anyway, back on topic, i was just reading Browne and Hatton's statement. Why didn't Ricky travel to Russia with him? I've heard rumours that they both hate each other lol.

This is sad news, Browne was a positive story for boxing.
    This is great news! they did their jobs and caught a cheat! Chagaev has been vindicated you bum ass poster!

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
      Panama Lewis put broken up asthma pills in his fighters water to improve stamina. So Browne could have been taking the stuff inbetween rounds.
      Never heard about that. It would be against the rules, of course. Did he ever get pulled up and punished for it?

There are lots of different kinds of asthma remedies. Some work immediately by opening up the airways. I guess that would help a boxer who was blowing hard in a fight.

I could be wrong, but I don't think clembutarol works like that and probably wouldn't have any effect if taken during the fight.

Comment

I rarely believe a fighter when they play stupid following a failed drug test, but man does this situation look shady.

Comment

Originally posted by dwighttsharpe View Post
          Come on. Why do people keep trying to act like it's only used to lose weight.

The drug is used in farm animals to make them get bigger(not fatter), quicker.

Meaning more muscle mass!
          Humans cannot tolerate doses anywhere close to animals.

There are no anabolic properties available in the doses humans can take. It is nothing but a thermogenic that can also slightly improve oxygen transportation.

The negatives far outweigh the benefits. Severe muscle cramps (in the space of minutes), sleeping difficulty, headaches, heart palpitations....all in all, it's virtually pointless to a HW.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
            Never heard about that. It would be against the rules, of course. Did he ever get pulled up and punished for it?

There are lots of different kinds of asthma remedies. Some work immediately by opening up the airways. I guess that would help a boxer who was blowing hard in a fight.

I could be wrong, but I don't think clembutarol works like that and probably wouldn't have any effect if taken during the fight.
            http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/the-...t-has-touched/
            Then in 2009 Eric Drath made a documentary about the fight, based around Resto and entitled Assault In The Ring. In the documentary Resto finally admitted that he knew about the doctored gloves and claimed that, furthermore, Lewis applied plaster to his handwraps to harden them and gave him a ‘magic potion’ during the fight – water mixed with ground-up asthma medication – in order to open the lungs and give him a second wind.
            And your guess is as good as mine on the subject of clenbuterol.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
              Is it?

Not saying your wrong but as far as I have read it is a bronchodilator which has the added unintended benefit of raising your core temp thus theoretically allowing you to burn more calories.

Browne seems a stand up guy to me. I have a strong sense he is being jobbed.
              Yeap... You're right.

Comment

kafkod
                @0:39

Comment

Clenbuterol is normally used to make you stronger and bigger.

Can also be found in meat as well.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun
                    Quote:

Originally Posted by denium

Yeah good one.

Anyway, back on topic, i was just reading Browne and Hatton's statement. Why didn't Ricky travel to Russia with him? I've heard rumours that they both hate each other lol.

This is sad news, Browne was a positive story for boxing.

This is great news! they did their jobs and caught a cheat! Chagaev has been vindicated you bum ass poster!
                    Bum ass poster? Your banter stinks bro.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                      http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/the-...t-has-touched/

And your guess is as good as mine on the subject of clenbuterol.
                      This may help also:

Bouts with Alexis Arguello[edit]

On November 12, 1982, Pryor defended his title with a fourteenth-round TKO of Alexis Arguello before a crowd of 23,800 at Miami's Orange Bowl and a live HBO audience. The fight, dubbed The Battle of The Champions by promoter Bob Arum, was eventually named the Fight of the Decade by The Ring.

Pryor made $1.6 million while Arguello was paid $1.5 million. Arguello, a 12-5 favorite, was attempting to become the first boxer to win world titles in four weight divisions.

The end of the fight was controversial. Arguello landed a punch in the thirteenth round that seemed to stun Pryor, and despite trailing on two of three scorecards, Arguello had things tilting in his direction. Between the thirteenth and fourteenth rounds, HBO's microphones caught Pryor's trainer, Panama Lewis, telling cutman Artie Curley, "Give me the other bottle, the one I mixed."

It seemed to revive Pryor. Coming out quickly for the fourteenth round, Pryor landed a barrage of unanswered blows before referee Stanley Christodoulou stopped it. Arguello collapsed to the canvas near the ropes, where he lay for several minutes.

[7][8]

On April 2, 1983, Pryor knocked out former WBC super lightweight champion Sang-Hyun Kim in the third round.

Pryor had a rematch with Arguello at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, Nevada on September 9, 1983. Pryor made a career high $2.25 million and Arguello made $1.75 million.

Panama Lewis had his license revoked after he removed the padding from the gloves of Luis Resto before his fight with Billy Collins Jr. on June 16, 1983. Pryor hired Richie Giachetti to train him, but they had a falling out. Two weeks before the Arguello rematch, Pryor brought in Emanuel Steward as his trainer.

The rematch was not as competitive as their first one. Pryor dropped Arguello with a right cross in the first round and again with a left hook in the fourth. Pryor put Arguello down for the count in the tenth round.[9]

After the fight, both Arguello and Pryor announced that they were retiring from boxing.[10]

Comment

Working...
                      X