Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any tips to make sure you dont connect with the smaller 2 knuckles?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any tips to make sure you dont connect with the smaller 2 knuckles?

Other than aim well?

Because I always seem to jar them by accident and it sucks.

I like horizontal hooks and vertical fist uppercuts etc lol

Depending on who you ask, those are the knuckles you're supposed to land with. The last three, pinky, ring, and middle. Jack Dempsey explained it as the line of power.

Comment

Originally posted by BG_Knocc_Out View Post
      Depending on who you ask, those are the knuckles you're supposed to land with. The last three, pinky, ring, and middle. Jack Dempsey explained it as the line of power.
      I totally agree with that, but it hurts too much and one of the is already broken from a while back so no powerline for me, my hands are too weak for that, big knuckles only!

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
        I totally agree with that, but it hurts too much and one of the is already broken from a while back so no powerline for me, my hands are too weak for that, big knuckles only!
        There should be no pain from a past broken bone, unless it's not fully healed. If pain is your issue, you're likely dealing with is an issue with a ligament, tendon, cartilage, etc.

The problem with the big knuckles is that it's very susceptible of cranking your wrist. As well the fact that the big knuckles are angled in such a way that upon impact they often spread, damaging the the tendons. Also the distribution of impact is spread only between two points of contact instead of 3, applying much more stress on the small bones of the hand. The goal is to aim with the ring-finger's knuckle, so you end up landing with the middle and pinky knuckles as well.

It's a lose-lose. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by BG_Knocc_Out View Post
          There should be no pain from a past broken bone, unless it's not fully healed. If pain is your issue, you're likely dealing with is an issue with a ligament, tendon, cartilage, etc.

The problem with the big knuckles is that it's very susceptible of cranking your wrist. As well the fact that the big knuckles are angled in such a way that upon impact they often spread, damaging the the tendons. Also the distribution of impact is spread only between two points of contact instead of 3, applying much more stress on the small bones of the hand. The goal is to aim with the ring-finger's knuckle, so you end up landing with the middle and pinky knuckles as well.

It's a lose-lose. lol.

my knuckle has healed bent so any furtehr blows tehre just re breaks it, if it was straight it could take it but since its healed bent it just gets leavered into breaking againg, its no big deal just need to connect with biggest knuckles, middle one is best to aim with I guess then for me at least

Comment

I would suggest finding someone competent and on the younger side to work focus mitts with and work your favorite punches repetitively but vary the combos you throw them in. Also a good resistance band will also keep your arms in tight and keep your arms steady to help better your muscle memory on how to throw a punch.

And if you are experiencing hand problems constantly, lay off the heavy bags for a while, and when you do get back on them NEVER punch the bags hard. It always makes me laugh at guys in the gym that love putting on a show on the heavy bags by wailing on the bags, it does them no good. In fact it causes more harm.

Comment

Elbows, elbows, elbows. The biggest reason I've found myself and other people hitting the smaller knuckles is from a slight, or big, flaring of the elbows. It'll turn your fist in a way that you're much more likely to land with the smaller knuckles and hurt them. Straight elbows! No flare at all.

Comment

turn it over........

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
                  Other than aim well?

Because I always seem to jar them by accident and it sucks.

I like horizontal hooks and vertical fist uppercuts etc lol
                  I forgot how to post a video, but here's the link.

Warning, Elie Seckbach video

https://youtu.be/cxS73uDuR8o

Comment

Working...
                  X