Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IF Floyd ends his career with Canelo/Martinez...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Architect View Post
    Same thing I was thinking while watching that fight. I mean asking Floyd to fight Martinez is like asking Martinez to jump to 175lbs and fight Hopkins
    your thoughts on Martinez-Murray?

Comment

Same thing I was thinking while watching that fight. I mean asking Floyd to fight Martinez is like asking Martinez to jump to 175lbs and fight Hopkins
      I wouldn't go that far. Floyd Vs. Martinez at 154, would be a SICK fight. At 160, not so much.

Again. I'm not going to pretend like it's a fair fight for Floyd. I remember when Floyd first moved up to 154 to fight ODLH. From the opening bell, I knew he wasn't built for 154. I could tell right away that wasn't his natural weight.

The one thing I took away from that fight was, how damn skilled Floyd was/is. He neutralized ODLH's boxing. If you watched that fight closely, he schooled ODLH. Hands down.

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
        SMDH. I never even said, I want him to fight Sergio at MW. I said 154. The reason why I want him to fight Sergio and Canelo at 154, is because he obviously schools any WW, besides Pacman/JMM.

trust me. Any die hard boxing fan, that'S been following boxing deeply, knows damn well that NO ONE at WW, besides Pac, and JMM pose a threat to him.

Me, myself, and I will not hold it against him, for not fighting the "TOP" WW's.

I want to see his skills against naturally larger fighters. Not because I want to see him lose or get KO'd, but because I think he's too good for fighters in his natural weight class.
        But sergio hasnt fought at 154 in almost 4 years, to ask him to come down in weight discredits the fight to me because Mayweather isnt at his best at 154 and Martinez would have to drain down to 154. I would love to see this matchup but I think a Bradley, JMM rematch, & Pac fights are more meaningful for mayweather because its where he is at his best.

You dont want to see Martinez skills against naturally bigger fighters? I dont get the double standard, help me understand please (no sarcasm) so we arent going in circles.

Comment

I agree with you here

I think that Mayweather if he moved up could give Martinez a run for his money but I really havent seen enough of Mayweather even at 154lbs to suggest he would be effective at 160.

I think he would beat Canelo but I need to see Canelo vs Cotto to get a proper assessment of where canelo is at in his career. Just to validate the potential Mayweather fight
          I've seen enough of Floyd at 154, that I think Canelo would give him trouble. That's why I love this fight.

Again, 154 is not Floyd's natural weight. I just think, he's so technically great, that NO ONE at 154, shuts out Floyd.

For all we know, he might even school both. IF he does. Hands down, GREATEST FIGHTER OF THIS ERA.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
            your thoughts on Martinez-Murray?
            I havent really made a decision on that fight yet, I need to evaluate Murray a little more, I havent seen many of his fights so I need to watch a little more of him to get a proper assessment. I wonder how martinez will look especially after that Chavez fight. That was a tough fight even thought he battered and outclassed chavez

Comment

I wouldn't go that far. Floyd Vs. Martinez at 154, would be a SICK fight. At 160, not so much.

Again. I'm not going to pretend like it's a fair fight for Floyd. I remember when Floyd first moved up to 154 to fight ODLH. From the opening bell, I knew he wasn't built for 154. I could tell right away that wasn't his natural weight.

The one thing I took away from that fight was, how damn skilled Floyd was/is. He neutralized ODLH's boxing. If you watched that fight closely, he schooled ODLH. Hands down.
              I do agree it would be a very impressive accomplishment for him to move to 160 and win the MW title no matter who he did it against.

Comment

But sergio hasnt fought at 154 in almost 4 years, to ask him to come down in weight discredits the fight to me because Mayweather isnt at his best at 154 and Martinez would have to drain down to 154. I would love to see this matchup but I think a Bradley, JMM rematch, & Pac fights are more meaningful for mayweather because its where he is at his best.

You dont want to see Martinez skills against naturally bigger fighters? I dont get the double standard, help me understand please (no sarcasm) so we arent going in circles.
                I agree with you. I was never comfortable with Sergio calling out Manny/Floyd.

IF Floyd cleans out the WW division, he pretty much beats every all time great fighter of this ERA.

Although, Floyd isn't as war torn as them, he's still old as hell, and is clearly on the decline (to be fair, he never looked that great at 154, so who knows).

My point is. He beats JMM. TO ME, 60/40 with Pacquiao (this isn't a Floyd Vs. manny thread. Just my personal opinion. I love Pac damnit!).

Just fight at 154, and call it a day.

Comment

there'd this thing called reality that tells u floyd will never fight martinez...

Comment

I've seen enough of Floyd at 154, that I think Canelo would give him trouble. That's why I love this fight.

Again, 154 is not Floyd's natural weight. I just think, he's so technically great, that NO ONE at 154, shuts out Floyd.

For all we know, he might even school both. IF he does. Hands down, GREATEST FIGHTER OF THIS ERA.
                    I think Canelo poses problems only because Mayweather is older, but Canelo isnt smarter. If this current Canelo fought the Mayweather that DLH fought, he would get knocked out. He still might get knocked out. He hasnt even been in the ring with B class talent let alone anyone near the level of Mayweather. Mosley was trying his hardest to win vs Canelo and he was washed up. Mosley was afraid of Mayweather after the 2nd round, Richardson even threatened to stop the fight, Shane gave up. Forgive me I am not trying to make it a triangle theory but an older mosley wasnt discouraged vs Canelo. You can even tell in his post fight interviews in each fight. But I digressed, I need to see Canelo in with better comp because Lopez, Mosley, Cintron, Rhodes, Hatton, & N'Dou is.....
                    Last edited by Architect; 12-13-2012, 12:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 12TRIBEsRiSe View Post
                      there'd this thing called reality that tells u floyd will never fight martinez...
                      But in the sport of boxing its called "weight classes"

Comment

Working...
                      X