Does race plays a factor in popularity?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
    nothing wrong with going below the surface
    I guess. But realistically, he's a good baller. |Why does the other crap even matter?

Comment

He is good, they are just trying to analyze his huge and growing fan base.

Comment

Yes and? That's what he is saying because it is a rare occurrence, there is more hype to it.
        If this is about what floyd said, then it isnt just about rarity. With Floyd its about, in his opinion, a racist media.
        If u mentioned Hamilton and Tiger Woods to Floyd he wouldnt know what to say.

Comment

Floyd... I don't know he just playing his usual bad guy role to stay in the limelight

Comment

Lin is the only player in NBA history to score at least 20pts and 7asts in his first 4 games. if an undrafted black guy got cut from 2 NBA teams and did that, it would have been just as huge.

just look at all the hype behind Shumpert even though he would be going like 6-20 shooting in a lot of the games, NY was going crazy over him.

I think its mostly the black ppl who are getting but hurt over Lin doing so well and they are the ones making it a "race" thing.
            Last edited by -Swizzy-; 02-14-2012, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Race obviously plays a factor... it will never NOT play a factor.

Floyd though is just taking a cheap shot at Lin. You can bring up race as much as you'd like but the fact is Lin has had one of the best starts of a career in the NBA. To downplay that to a simple observation of race is unfair and ignorant.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                Yes it does.

The truth is, a black boy who slept on families and friends couches growing up, and becomes a star in the NBA, will get little to no media attention. Oh, an African American basketball star? Yeah, and? That's what the media says.

Do you see Lamont Peterson getting mainstream media attention? Look at his stories, he didn't sleep in couches, he slept in his fucking car.

Same as a lyrically gifted African American rapper nowadays, they don't get the attention they deserve. But if it's a white rapper who's nice, OMG, the GOAT, Best rapper ever, all the media on their dicks, Rolling Stone covers, etc.

Nobody cares about something they're use to seeing. The media wants new, fresh faces, new races. That's how the human race has always been, they get spoiled and take things for granted.
                I agree.

Same for the Obama hype and Tiger Woods hype, but doesn't seem to be a problem for guys like Floyd (I mean black racists).

Comment

Floyd... I don't know he just playing his usual bad guy role to stay in the limelight
                  Was he playing a role and promoting his next fight when he punched that woman in front of his kids??

Sorry Floyd fans...

Comment

If an eskimo is ever good at a sport, i hereby pledge to assassinate him.

Comment

tim tebow is the first ever white qb in the nfl that's why he's so popular.

Comment

Working...
                      X