Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing fans need to mobilize. We can't sit back anymore. Who's with me? Pls post

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if pac and may stepped up and fought eachother that would be a start.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
      Do not buy another ppv, that'll help.
      We're so outweighed by casual fans that I doubt we can make a noticeable difference.
      Last edited by Doctor_Tenma; 10-16-2011, 07:56 PM.

Comment

eventually if it does get bad promoters are gonna be forced to step it up

honestly i think the last couple things were jsut freak things

pac-marquez and cotto margarito will deliver IMO

and if pac-may happens in 2012 then the fans will be getting what they deserve

it seems like the fighters and promoters dont respect the fans

we all fork up money to watch them put it on the line we revere them and respect them

and honestly its ****ed up that floyd and manny just cut the **** and do something for the people that have been giveing them forklifts of cash for the past decade

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          Of course it's not a coincidence. Fights like the crap we've gotten this year have been happening since the day the sport was invented. How exactly do you propose we change that?

2009 and 2010 were two fantastic years for boxing fans. You're seriously this mad over one year of fights not living up to the hype?
          Dude, seriously, what is wrong with you? Are you happy with our sport being in the gutter? Getting crapped on? We, the fans, getting crapped on? You're arguing like I should just drop it and STFU and accept what we're given.

How exactly do you propose we change that?
          I don't exactly know how, that's why I'm asking for suggestions. All I do know is that being passive and taking it up the ass is gonna lead to more bull****.

2009 and 2010 weren't the joke this year has been, but I do feel it's been diminishing returns for a while. It's been getting progressively worse each year.

Comment

Originally posted by Something Jr View Post
            Agreed. We can still stream fights. The less money of ours that they see and the more vocal we become will ignite change. Boxing writers have to speak out too and I believe they are doing a good job but we have to be heard in order to make something happen.

We've been talking **** about bad ppv under card fights for years and this year promoters have finally stepped it up
            Also maybe we could tweet espn or catch em on facebook & ask them to stop having people like Skip Bayless not speak on boxing again. He obviously knows nothing about the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
              We're so outweighed by casual fans that I doubt we can make a noticeable difference.
              WHAT casual fans? This is becoming a sport for the hardcore fans. Casual ain't taking this **** anymore. They're not gonna dig around for the gems like us guys.

Comment

Do not buy another ppv, that'll help.
                yeah, hurt their pocket book and they'll learn.

Comment

Originally posted by ghns1133 View Post
                  eventually if it does get bad promoters are gonna be forced to step it up

honestly i think the last couple things were jsut freak things

pac-marquez and cotto margarito will deliver IMO

and if pac-may happens in 2012 then the fans will be getting what they deserve

it seems like the fighters and promoters dont respect the fans

we all fork up money to watch them put it on the line we revere them and respect them

and honestly its ****ed up that floyd and manny just cut the **** and do something for the people that have been giveing them forklifts of cash for the past decade
                  Pac/May not fighting is an incredible joke. An incredible joke that is being played on by the fans. And we're dumb enough to accept the excuses both sides have given. Both are ducking each other, and fighting over-matched opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by Ottke's Twin View Post
                    Dude, seriously, what is wrong with you? Are you happy with our sport being in the gutter? Getting crapped on? We, the fans, getting crapped on? You're arguing like I should just drop it and STFU and accept what we're given.

I don't exactly know how, that's why I'm asking for suggestions. All I do know is that being passive and taking it up the ass is gonna lead to more bull****.

2009 and 2010 weren't the joke this year has been, but I do feel it's been diminishing returns for a while. It's been getting progressively worse each year.
                    You're acting like there's some large conspiracy by promoters and fighters to make big fights suck and rip us off. That's not the case at all, and is an incredibly dumb conspiracy if anyone believes it. Is that what you are suggesting is happening?

Sometimes big fights suck, and this is an example of a year where they do. If PPV in general is what you are protesting, well the only thing we can do about that is stop ordering them. I don't order most PPVs, because I know there is always this chance, but I'm the minority.

Comment

Also maybe we could tweet espn or catch em on facebook & ask them to stop having people like Skip Bayless not speak on boxing again. He obviously knows nothing about the sport.
                      True. Boxing only gets attention when there is controversy which is unfortunate.

We can all complain but we have chosen to do nothing about it. This isn't a simple fix because we cannot get in touch with fighters. Promoters block the most important mediums and blow fighters heads up, shoving money in their faces while we the fans are paying their purses. Like I have said before we have to be vocal, come up with a plan and make what we want clear.

By the way, what exactly did you to change threadstarter?

Comment

Working...
                      X