No announcement yet.

Most overrated underachiever of the past decade

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most overrated underachiever of the past decade

Im going with Rocky juarez. All that talent but always just short of brilliance. How he got as many title shots in a career is beyond me.

Edwin Valero or Ike Ibeabuchi if they count.

Comment

I'm going to go with Joan Guzman or Zab Judah.

Comment

Probably Malignaggi. I am a huge fan of the guy, but as Loud DiBella said a few weeks ago, he turned out to just be a "huge disappointment." He showed in the first Diaz he really did have the talent, but he just never got his **** together when it really mattered (Ndou II, Hatton).

I know boxing fans have amnesia, but remember; about 18 months ago Paulie was seriously being considered as an opponent for Floyd and Manny both, if he hadn't been with DiBella he probably would have gotten the shot at one of them.
        Last edited by paulf; 06-16-2011, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
          Probably Malignaggi. I am a huge fan of the guy, but as Loud DiBella said a few weeks ago, he turned out to just be a "huge disappointment." He showed in the first Diaz he really did have the talent, but he just never got his **** together when it really mattered (Ndou II, Hatton).

I know boxing fans have amnesia, but remember; about 18 months ago Paulie was seriously being considered as an opponent for Floyd and Manny both, if he hadn't been with DiBella he probably would have gotten the shot at one of them.
          I feel bad for Paulie if his hands weren't so bad he would probably have had a better career. I like that he tries to box and move.

I would second the earlier vote of Zab Judah

Comment

Edwin Valero, Kelly Pavlik is insanely over-rated

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post

I think any skillful boxer without much power would have an incredibly hard time with Hatton. He literally walks through people's punches and very few fighters do that. Against Floyd he was getting hurt yet carried on the exact same way until knocked out.

If you don't have the power to hurt Hatton then you need to inside skills to get the better of him once he gets up close, and Paulie didn't have either. Even very good defensive footwork, hand speed, timing and defense may not have been enough.

I don't mean to overrate Hatton when I say that, I just think that he's a bad matchup for anyone without power or a very very good inside game.

Comment

Originally posted by Spice Boy FTW View Post
                I think any skillful boxer without much power would have an incredibly hard time with Hatton. He literally walks through people's punches and very few fighters do that. Against Floyd he was getting hurt yet carried on the exact same way until knocked out.

If you don't have the power to hurt Hatton then you need to inside skills to get the better of him once he gets up close, and Paulie didn't have either. Even very good defensive footwork, hand speed, timing and defense may not have been enough.

I don't mean to overrate Hatton when I say that, I just think that he's a bad matchup for anyone without power or a very very good inside game.

agree with this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

wit the talent that he has and the opportunity to really carve out a niiiiice legacy, imma say Floyd Mayweather

replace vacations with wins over Cotto, Margarito, an even younger Mosely, pre-Martinez Paul Willams, and PAC?

shiiiiiit....he can act as much of a clown as he wants...noone couldn't say anything...

Comment

Judah, the guy is massively over rated and always has been.

Comment

Working...
                    X