No announcement yet.

Is the death penalty ever moral?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the death penalty ever moral?

I had not heard of the Pettit murders. Pure evil, it's difficult or impossible to understand how someone can do that.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2341651

Originally posted by rizkybizness View Post
    I had not heard of the Pettit murders. Pure evil, it's difficult or impossible to understand how someone can do that.

Never.. It sucks.
    I'll do my own killing... Don't need no gov to do it 4 me..

Comment

Yep. Some mfers should be ended. No one, not even prison guards, should have to deal with them.

Comment

Whats not moral about blood for blood?

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
          Whats not moral about blood for blood?
          You tell me.

I'm for the death penalty, I just wish it was quicker and less expensive for us tax payers. The people who committed that horrific crime in my OP deserve to be executed via firing squad.

Comment

I wouldn't say I generally approve of the death penalty but there are definitely some people for whom it's a suitable punishment.

Also I don't agree with some of what he said about opponents of capital punishment towards the end of the video in that he sweepingly overgeneralized them. Some anti-death penalty people never support death penalty, others would but only in cases where irrefutable evidence is provided, others would but only for particularly heinous crimes etc.

Anyway, we know from people who have been exonerated after lengthy prison terms that the legal system doesn't always get it right. This is why I'm skeptical about broad use of capital punishment. Putting even 1 wrongly convicted person to death is unacceptable.
            Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 09-09-2017, 11:43 AM.

Comment

You tell me.

I'm for the death penalty, I just wish it was quicker and less expensive for us tax payers. The people who committed that horrific crime in my OP deserve to be executed via firing squad.
              That is one of those dumb "civilized country" things.

I think there should be a whole other panel, after the trial, that deals with people who've done crimes which have been deemed to punish the criminal with death or life behind bars without parole. They would decide how guilty a person actually is on a finer barometer than a trial does. And if you hit a 7 on a 1 to 10 scale (or whatever number deemed the threshold) of guilt then its curtains for your ass. And its curtains out back with a bullet or hanging for the expense of the few minutes it takes the guy to hang or shot you & the cost of the rope & bullet.

All this appeal sh^t is bs when someone is for sure the guilty party + on cam & with the murder weapon in your bloody hand & they are just doing loopholes & sh^t. And if there is some potential reasonable doubt or some DNA didn't get checked out & triple checked & or there were no eye witnesses & etc & so on then we don't even kill those cats when those situations that pose some doubt or make it a harder call on how guilty they are pop up.

Comment

the dp is too merciful.

Comment

I suggest having the inmates play hot potato with a grenade.

Baseball but the bases are landmines.

Have them enter a fighting tournament to the death. Last man standing gets his choice of gun to be used to blow his brains out with.

Morality? Their lack of morality is what got those idiots in such a predicament in the first place

Comment

Death penalty was common for thousands of years

Only immoral in the modern world

Correction modern western white world

Problem with Western death penalty is the process

Most ppl die of old age before getting executed and too many appeals

Cost a lot of money

Have 1 appeal in a year, then execute. Save a lot of money.

It cost billions imprisoning mofos for life.

If the guy is bad enough to lock up for 10 yrs,he's ad enough to execute.

Murder, forcible rape, arson manslaughter, child molestaion...etc. theses should be punishable by death. Quick death too. Not serve 30 yrs then get executed

Comment

Working...
                    X