X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I see Swansea have re-signed Booker T

Comment

• Originally posted by *OG Wenger* View Post
      I really don't like him tbh. Thinks his shlt smells sweeter than most. Apparently gives it the Billy big bollocks in the dressing room as well.

He'll probably get a brace against Bournemouth and all will be forgotten. Football fans are that fickle.

It baffled me how Liverpool fans could cheer Suarez after all that drama he caused that summer.
      Wenger needs a bit of John Sitton tbh

Comment

• Barkley had a medical at Chelsea.. passed it and then thought **** this and stayed at Everton

Wasn't Renato Sanches meant to be one of the hottest youngsters in the world? wonder how he will fit in at Swansea

Comment

• So apparently we withdrew our bid for Lemar after it was accepted as we didn't think there would be enough time to complete it.

Why make the bid in the first place then? Why leave it so late knowing full well City wanted Sanchez?

Comment

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
            Almost as laughable as Arsenal not wanting Lemar for 50m in June and now bidding 90m.. only for him to turn them down
            ?

Our most consistent attacking threat last season and best player so far this season. What's laughable?

Originally posted by *OG Wenger* View Post
            In all honesty, I would rather us just sell Sanchez and not get a replacement.

I just can't get behind a player that doesn't want to be here. Meant to be a bit of an arsehole in the dressing room too.
            About £80m lost on fee and wages for a year for a player who doesn't wanna play for you and will be gone for free next year. Fantastic business Arsenal.

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
            Alexis Sanchez is definitely a bad egg.

Standard individualist type. No wonder Messi bullied him.

Messi cares about winning. Sanchez? Not so sure. He cares about being seen to be trying. He actually gets outrun by Ozil in terms of distance covered. It is like Sanchez can feel the red light of a camera ffs so when you see him on screen he is buzzing around the ball.
            That's bollocks sparked. Sanchez is one of the best pressers of the ball in world football. Of course he buzzes when the camera's on him, that means the ball is near him and it's time to press. Who's bothered how much he's moving when it isn't impacting the game?

Also I'm not sure why Sanchez would get criticism for showing a bit of ambition. The Arsenal board and management are completely inept, why would he want to waste the last years of his prime there?

On a different note, what do you make of the number of players rejecting London clubs to play/stay up north? Still sticking by the 'players will always choose the London club' line?

Comment

• Still cannot believe Newcastle didn't sign any players after Rafa was promised "every penny" at the start of the window

Comment

• No worries mate, Newcastle will end up with Pardew after Benitez is sacked for not meeting expectations.

Comment

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
                  Barkley had a medical at Chelsea.. passed it and then thought **** this and stayed at Everton

Wasn't Renato Sanches meant to be one of the hottest youngsters in the world? wonder how he will fit in at Swansea
                  I'm not bothered by Barkley changing his mind. I'm actually happy that he did.

I would rather see him move to a club he 100% has his heart set on over coming to Chelsea being 1/4 committed.

Renato is on loan though. Bayern refused to give him up permanently.

Comment

• Sanchez isn't even better at pressing the ball than Danny Wellbeck unless you enjoyed his charging down a clearance with his hands to score in the cup final. He's a very good player but a lot of bluster.

City have better players than Sanchez. I wasn't convinced he'd City any better long-term. And he's suspect. I don't think it shows ambition and to have body language on the football pitch he does and naff. He would have got bullied in the Chelsea team with Cech, Cole, Terry, Lampard, and Drogba too. They would have crucified him like they did with Robben and others.

Sanchez would suit PSG. A massive team in a league of fishermen. Even then he'd disappear because there are bigger fishes in that pond.

For me there is a ceiling on what team he could play for and be top dog. And that is Arsenal for me. The current Arsenal team. They'll outgrow him too.

And yes Foreign players will ALWAYS choose the London club all things being equal. I am sure I specified top players before and allure of London as a multicultural City.

If Arsenal ever got taken over by Usmanov I doubt any player would choose City over Arsenal if they went head to head.

Chelsea have to live within their means now to an extent so we're not on equal footing.

With the two English players rejecting Chelsea:

The Ox had fair enough reasons for rejecting Chelsea anyway. 1.) We'd play him as a right wing back 2.) We wouldn't play him at all 3.) We absolutely would have paid him less than Arsenal and at best parity with Liverpool no matter what the media say. Outside Hazard on 200k a week Chelsea players aren't on those Manchester City/ United wages. 4.) Liverpool are a big club

With Barkley. He doesn't think he's good enough basically. I know that he didn't even turn up to medical much less 'walk out' of it that press reported.

For him you just have to look at the fact that he is trying to leave Everton - a club that wrap him up in cotton wool to go to a club that wins. The champions come along and he panics. If his preference is for Spurs I would argue that that is a club that doesn't win anything and wont because it enforces budget constraints it wont compete with Chelsea long-term never mind the Manc clubs.

There is no reason why a player of Barkley's standard should ever leave his hometown club especially if they're quite good and have a bright future.

I am happy with Drinkwater anyway as he addressed a need in the squad. Barkley would block RLC who for me is similar.
                    Last edited by Sparked_26; 09-01-2017, 11:04 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                      I'm not bothered by Barkley changing his mind. I'm actually happy that he did.

I would rather see him move to a club he 100% has his heart set on over coming to Chelsea being 1/4 committed.

Renato is on loan though. Bayern refused to give him up permanently.
                      Barkley didn't turn up at the medical.

This one of those rare times that even I'm ITK.

Comment

Working...
                      X