Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Andre Ward would be favourite if he fights Usyk?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too big for ward, too long

Comment

But to answer TS question if Ward took a tune up and get used to the weight... ward should be favorite no doubt...

Comment

Originally posted by Tabaristio View Post
        All these threads and questions about a lighter boxer from a lighter weight division coming to a higher weight division and being the favorite to beat the best in the higher weight division is irrational and should be avoided. Weight divisions exist for a reason, which is to avoid mismatches through a boxer having a significant weight advantage. In addition, a boxer isn't guaranteed to be as good in the higher weight division as in the lower weight division. If the bout is to take place at cruiserweight, then there's no way Andre Ward should be the favorite. Simply because Andre Ward is an inferior cruiser-weight boxer to Oleksandr Usyk by virtue of having no feats / accomplishments in that particular weight division. His feats / accomplishments below cruiserweight become irrelevant as the bout isn't taking place there.

Everything being equal, the heavier boxer would almost always be the favorite.

There is no reason to assume a boxer from a lower weight division would be the favorite to beat the best / one of the best boxers in a higher weight division. In this case, there's no reason to assume Andre Ward would be the favorite to beat Oleksandr Usyk. Simply because, if a lighter boxer believed he could beat the best boxers in a heavier weight division, then he wouldn't be competing in a lower weight division and would've moved up already. The fact that Andre Ward moved up to light heavyweight and not to cruiserweight should be enough to indicate that he isn't too confident and doesn't fancy his chances at cruiserweight. Otherwise, why didn't he already move up?
        Good read. Green K sent.

Comment

Originally posted by boxinggod101 View Post
          Yeah but hes not a super duper black slicksta. He cant shoulder roll so no. I dont like him. Hes a little too pale for my taste
          I'm actually surprised Floyd fans are not adopting Usyk. Lol.. I think he should give Floyd and Haymon a call. He's a potential great.

Comment

team watermelon out in full force on this thread i see. as for the original question, yeah he would be, he struggled hugely at LHW v kovalev so hed lose to usyk at cruiser.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
              he struggled hugely at LHW v kovalev
              ??????????

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                team watermelon out in full force on this thread i see. as for the original question, yeah he would be, he struggled hugely at LHW v kovalev so hed lose to usyk at cruiser.
                You sound cranky. What's team watermelon? Blacks? Did you even read my posts? I was talking about the white man. What's wrong with you, bro?
                Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 07-28-2017, 02:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
                  You sound cranky. What's team watermelon? Blacks? Did you even read my posts? I was talking about the white man. What's wrong with you, bro?
                  yeah i was cranky when i read the bull**** in this thread. As far as im aware usyk was olympic champ, world champ as a pro and unbeaten and hasnt been in a competitive fight yet. But the old hardcore black contingent on here dont rate him, surprise surprise....

Comment

I'd make Usyk the favourite.

Comment

Skills win, not big and strong

Comment

Working...
                      X