Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Obama a closet atheist?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well...after being a Muslim and then a Jeremiah Wright Christian convert...atheism probably would seem to be a politically safe refuge.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
      Well...after being a Muslim and then a Jeremiah Wright Christian convert...atheism probably would seem to be a politically safe refuge.
      The video is from 2006.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
        The video is from 2006.
        It's just another one of those things that sailed over your head.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
          It's just another one of those things that sailed over your head.
          Actually I know what you meant, but the difference is, who is attacking Obama about it? Yeah, I know about the other thing. How exactly is this analogous? It isn't as far as I can tell.

Comment

kennedy and lincoln. Atheist high chance they were. As for clinton, I'm going to say no. simply from the fact that guy was always talking about god. Clinton was the most intelligent religious president, ironically.

Comment

Atheists are so full of themselves,honestly they are getting worse then the bible thumpers keep an open mind do you really know or are you just guessing.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
                Atheists are so full of themselves,honestly they are getting worse then the bible thumpers keep an open mind do you really know or are you just guessing.
                i would say the opposite. I along with most atheist on here seem to acknowledge there is nothing special about us, humans are just another animal. While on the other hand you have bible nuts claiming to have Devine knowledge, that a whole world was created for humanity, bible smug , Fallen angels, Moral police, blah, blah, chosen people.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
                  Cmon mark, an open mind? Like the type the religious have?

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
                    That was an excellent speech on religiosity, Christianity and the bible by Obama. Quite profound. Say what you will, but the man is a true scholar.
                    Does he write his own speeches? I thought presidents got a lot of help?

Comment

I sure hope so, because that whole "my individual salvation depends on the collective salvation" nonsense of his creeps me out. But hopefully we are heading toward a time when a person's religious beliefs (or lack thereof,) sexual orientation or gender are no longer deterrents to becoming President (now that Obama has shattered the racial barrier.)

Comment

Working...
                      X