Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is considered "snitching"? Is there a diff between being a responsible citizen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
    i was with this post until the last line.

reporting a post online is prolly the lowest form of snitching. even high level snitchers look down on shiiet like that.
    thats silly.. the sooner mods get rid of scumbag posters the better. Its there for a reason, cause mods cant see every post

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
      thats silly.. the sooner mods get rid of scumbag posters the better. Its there for a reason, cause mods cant see every post
      my point is that its the ****ing internet. its not that serious. you see a post you dont like, you either respond to it and play along, or simply ignore it and move on. its not that serious bro. lol

Comment

i only would consider snitching if youre involved in illegal activity and you tell on someone else,. Seeing someone shoot your neighbor and you say what they looked like isnt snitching, reporting a racist post on a boxing website isnt snitching

I agree - well, I'd narrow the constraints just a little bit. If you do something by yourself to get in trouble, and THEN you "work with the cops" to "set somebody up," well, that is snitching.

Hypothetical situation (bear with me, may be a tad long): A friend says he'll give you 500 bucks to ride with him while he transports drugs because it helps keep him calm to have somebody to talk to while driving like that):

Car breaks down on side of interstate, and he walks to the nearest Western Union to get money wired. While he is gone, cop pulls up, asks if he can search because your friend was a dumb **** and hot boxed a blunt while running drugs,which gives him an excuse to search (smells weed), finds the 5 oz. of yayo or another fairly large amount (but nowhere close to Cartel weight), and BOOM.

Cops ask who was the driver, etc. If you don't tell the cops, the DA isn't going to give you a good plea bargain to cop to. If you just tell the truth, and the DA determines you had nothing to do with everything, you will get immunity if you testify at trial against your friend. OR, if you simply just tell them who was driving, but nothing else about who was doing what, or whose drugs they were, etc. the DA WILL STILL cop you a plea of 3-years probation with 18-month suspended sentence (meaning you don't have to serve it unless you violate probation).

If you DON'T cooperate and just say you don't know, well, you can either go to trial and if you lose - leave your sentencing in the hands of the judge (your mandatory guidelines are like 5 to 13 years or something in prison), or they will plea you to 3 years in prison if you take the entire wrap and don't give up your friend.

Is it snitching if you then give a true statement about your friend being the one who was the driver and you just keeping him company, etc.? I mean, you knew what the deal was, and you stood to profit from it, but at the same time, it's not your fault you got pinched cause he smoked int he car, AND failed to do a proper tuneup before driving and broke down in the first place.
        Last edited by Cheek busting; 04-13-2017, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
          my point is that its the ****ing internet. its not that serious. you see a post you dont like, you either respond to it and play along, or simply ignore it and move on. its not that serious bro. lol
          That's how leftists operate. They don't like to hear or see an opionion that goes against their views. It's not just online but in real life too. They can also get quite violent.

Comment

What if you see a drug deal going down? And you know it's a drug deal (not weed) cause you literally hear and see it.

That's a pretty grey area - cause obviously you're not involved in anything illegal so you're not telling to save your ass. But you're still calling the cops on somebody on two consenting adults that just happen to be doing something illegal.

Lol do you bring the ruckus to ole boy by picking up that phone and calling the pee-po?? Or just mind your own business?

Comment

If it's a drug deal between seller and user or between John and prostitute, I say let them be. We're all consenting adults here.

Comment

Originally posted by Bygeorge View Post
                If it's a drug deal between seller and user or between John and prostitute, I say let them be. We're all consenting adults here.
                That's my stance too..

Only time I would say call the cops is if they're deals are bringing trouble to the area. But if they just meet up, exchange product for cash, and drive on, cool.

Even then, I'd first try to say something to the dudes and ask just not to meet here nemore plz..

Comment

i only would consider snitching if youre involved in illegal activity and you tell on someone else,. Seeing someone shoot your neighbor and you say what they looked like isnt snitching, reporting a racist post on a boxing website isnt snitching
                  This is how I think of it too.

But I think most people hold a much broader definition.

Comment

I don't care really, I live in a nice neighborhood so when I see nasty stuff being done I snitch right away. In fact i have my city's non-emergency hotline on speed dial on my cell phone. I remember one time my neighbors' drunk friends were "play boxing" in the middle of the street at 3am on a Fri night. Yes they were drunk, and yes I could tell they were only playing around. But because they were so annoying and making my city look like trash, I called in on them anyway. The police came and handed out citations, I don't have any shame about it. They will never know it was me who called anyway.

Comment

cases where snitching is acceptable (imho) -

huge reward of some kind ($$$$ or lighter sentence)
                      is probably the most frowned upon. but if im in a tight spot and offered a deal, fnck it. i have to do whats best for me. the 1st one whos offered a deal usually takes it. might as well be me. getting out of jail sooner than later is always best. no one wants to stay in jail a day longer than they have to. that said, id never roll over a true friend or family member (unless that friend/fam member is a pos rapist/killer). now, if im offered a ton (millions) of money......id at least consider it.

can save a life, improve living conditions

ill be the 1st to snitch on anyone i know to be a low life pos. i wouldnt want that shlt on my conscience if i knew i could have helped save a life. and if im trapped in a drug infested neighborhood, id want the police to get in here and clean it up. no one should have to held hostage in their own home/apt. especially the elderly.

to win an e beef

that ''L'', doe. who can live with that ?!?!?!

Comment

Working...
                      X