Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESPN supports Mayweather Vs Guerrero?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Between the two options that we know of that's on the table.?.?.? Why not???

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
      I dunno, Guerrero is not like Baldomir and Mayweather is nowhere near as quick as he was back then.
      Oh. Well then that changes everything. Thx for clearing that up.

Comment

Here is the thing with Sergio Martinez, his refusal to campaign at 154 has showed me that he's unable to make the weight, think about it, it's not like he's been fighting killers as of late, Lara called him out as well, I look at the dude and me personally I feel like he can be a healthy '54, but I could be wrong and judging by Martinez's actions I most likely am wrong. He's pretty much showing that he's willing to kill himself solely to fight Floyd, as oppose to fighting jus' south of '60 and applying the pressure, forcing the media to bring it up and making the fight more viable. I've given up on that fight...
        Last edited by Doctor_Tenma; 02-05-2013, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Bring on Guerrero. Hes taylor made for Floyd. Hes a punching bag and if you guys think hes going to smother Floyd on the inside you will again be disappointed. Floyd can throw short punches on the inside. Something Berto never could do. Guerreros not a big puncher. But he will get out there and compete thats what makes this a good fight. But he will be completely outclassed and loose convincingly.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
            Bring on Guerrero. Hes taylor made for Floyd. Hes a punching bag and if you guys think hes going to smother Floyd on the inside you will again be disappointed. Floyd can throw short punches on the inside. Something Berto never could do. Guerreros not a big puncher. But he will get out there and compete thats what makes this a good fight. But he will be completely outclassed and loose convincingly.
            Agree. Either way you slice it, Floyd beats him. Pressure him. Okay, check hook, and jab to the body, while you gas out by round 4-5.

Box with him. Nukka please.

This is Floyd's fight to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
              Here is the thing with Sergio Martinez, his refusal to campaign at 154 has showed me that he's unable to make the weight, think about it, it's not like he's been fighting killers as of late, Lara called him out as well, I look at the dude and me personally I feel like he can be a healthy '54, but I could be wrong and from Martinez's actions I most likely am wrong. He's pretty much showing that he's willing to kill himself solely to fight Floyd, as oppose to fighting jus' north of '47 and applying the pressure, forcing the media to bring it up and making the fight more viable. I've given up on that fight...
              He's the lineal champion at 160, why would he waste his time fighting nobodies at 154? The reason why he moved up in the first place was because nobody at 154 wanted to fight him. He's done well to stay at 160 for the last 3 years and it has paid off for him with a big money PPV fight against Chavez Jr.
              He's already said that he'd only move down to 154 for the big money fights (Mayweather, Alvarez, Cotto). Why would he relinquish his position as the lineal middleweight champion to fight the likes of Baysangurov, Lara and Molina at 154?

As far as the Guerrero fight, I think it's only acceptable if Floyd fights twice this year. Otherwise it would be a big let down since Guerrero is a huge underdog as it is.

Comment

To The Floydiots remember this quote I pick an upset win by Robert Guerrero and If Guerrero is robbed as was Castillo admit it and if Floyd wins fair and square with out corrupt judging you can save my prediction as all you Floydiots do in your famous quotes archives

Comment

Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
                  He's the lineal champion at 160, why would he waste his time fighting nobodies at 154? The reason why he moved up in the first place was because nobody at 154 wanted to fight him. He's done well to stay at 160 for the last 3 years and it has paid off for him with a big money PPV fight against Chavez Jr.
                  He's already said that he'd only move down to 154 for the big money fights (Mayweather, Alvarez, Cotto). Why would he relinquish his position as the lineal middleweight champion to fight the likes of Baysangurov, Lara and Molina at 154?

As far as the Guerrero fight, I think it's only acceptable if Floyd fights twice this year. Otherwise it would be a big let down since Guerrero is a huge underdog as it is.
                  He would still be lineal champ if he chose to move down for a fight or two. That wouldn't change. Really its clear the only reason he hasn't moved down is he doesn't feel comfortable about making that weight, 154 has the better fights, the bigger money fights etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
                    I did, Guerrero pretty much beat the shit out of him, I mean no remorse at all, even after the final round ended Guerrero was on him O.O
                    You're missing the entire point. Let me let a fellow floyd fanboy say it for you:

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post

If you watched the berto guerrero fight and you came away with the conclusiont hat guerrero is some great inside fighter you suck at evaluating talent.

All i saw was a nonathletic, slow, limited boxer, with no power.

That fight sucked by the way too but Dom would probably say it was a fight of the year since he thought robert looked so good. Robert looked amateurish in that fight and now he's stepping up to floyd?

GTFO with that bullsh.t

Comment

Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post

Good, and I have him 3rd or 4th P4P but it's him who's been very vocal about fighting Floyd and not taking the proper action to make it happen.

Comment

Working...
                      X