Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ive never seen Lara fight, does he have a chance in hell vs Williams?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    No one gave Martinez a chance in the first Williams fight.

Not that Lara is Sergio Martinez.

Just throwing that out there.
    Lara isnt even Carlos Quinatana.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
      Lara isnt even Carlos Quinatana.
      Lara is better.

Comment

Originally posted by Wazaa.. View Post
        Lara is better.
        Based on???

Comment

He is a straight forward come forward 1-2 puncher with no head movement.

I don't see anyway that he beats Williams unless Williams is shot which is yet to be seen. I wouldn't pick Lara to win, this should be an easy fight for Williams as long as he still has something left which I think he does.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
            Based on???
            Watch Lara, watch Quintana and then subtract the difference. Quintana has some nice footwork and can be somewhat cagey, but he's incredibly soft and delicate.

People rate him because he outboxed Williams but anyone with footwork and a grasp of movement can do that.

Comment

I think he can and might pull the upset. I like Williams, but I never thought he was all that special. Plus I think he is one of those fighters who will never be the same after his devastating knock out loss.

Comment

Lara never inspired me. He's a solid fighter, but not much more. Before the Martinez KO, I would've picked Williams to win. It remains to be seen if Sergio took P. Will's soul. If the old Paul is still with us, Williams by UD. If not, it's a toss up.

Comment

Lara does well in the first 3 or so but then Williams will find a groove and start racking up points.....thus cruising to a wide UD.

Comment

Originally posted by King Jaffe Joffer View Post
                    Its always interesting to see how guys react after getting knocked out viciously(one of the most devestating KOs Ive seen actually)
                    Im gonna youtube him.. Its not hard to outbox williams as his defense is his offense, but leaves himself open waaay too much.. Williams needs a new trainer, hes been getting hit waaay to often with the same counters for the last 6 years
                    He actually has a great chance. They both had bad performances in their last outings, but it's hard to gauge what exactly PWill's mindset is and if he actually felt that he needed to make changes. If it's the same PWill, I like Lara in this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetpea87 View Post
                      I think he can and might pull the upset. I like Williams, but I never thought he was all that special. Plus I think he is one of those fighters who will never be the same after his devastating knock out loss.
                      That's exactly why I'm thinking Lara's going to win. That was a career changer he took against Martinez.

Comment

Working...
                      X