Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do the people who say pac's footwork is overrated even know what footwork is?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do the people who say pac's footwork is overrated even know what footwork is?

It's not just how fast or how quick you look when you're bouncing around the ring.

It's also how quickly and how actively you position your feet to throw as form perfect a punch as possible based on the way your body is pivoting and moving compared to the way his body is pivoting and moving.

based on the position of the body, you have to adjust your feet to put power into the punch through your legs- this is how the most powerful punches are thrown- when the entire body is working in unison to swing your arm as hard and as fast as possible.

The fact that pac can get in so many power punches so quickly and while on the move is because his footwork is excellent.

Only mayweather's footwork is arguably better, but his footwork is used for getting into position and countering and landing pinpoint laser shots.
    Last edited by DARKSEID; 01-02-2011, 12:20 AM.

It is overrated he leaves his feet plentY of times In the air when he swings watch his fights vs Erik n jmm.he still does it but he doesn't fight fighters that would take advantage of it

Comment

Originally posted by KILLA RIGHT View Post
      It is overrated he leaves his feet plentY of times In the air when he swings watch his fights vs Erik n jmm.he still does it but he doesn't fight fighters that would take advantage of it
      what the hell does leaving your feet in the air have to do with having good footwork?

and what does the pac of 5 years ago have to do with the pac now?
      Last edited by DARKSEID; 01-02-2011, 12:24 AM.

Comment

greatest footwork aof all time

Comment

Originally posted by Rbgnwo View Post
          what the hell does leaving your feet in the air have to do with having good footwork?
          you're kidding right?

most of the trainers I know teach that you should position your feet first to plant into your punch and leaving your feet isn't a good example of that

also Manny tends to square a bit when he is throwing.

he has amazingly quick feet and his footwork is miles better than it was when he first came onto the scene

but do not act like some of us do not know what we are talking about

Comment

Originally posted by Rbgnwo View Post
            and what does the pac of 5 years ago have to do with the pac now?
            Simple Rb. How much balance do you have in the air???????????? Answer.....................................NONE.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
              you're kidding right?

most of the trainers I know teach that you should position your feet first to plant into your punch and leaving your feet isn't a good example of that

also Manny tends to square a bit when he is throwing.

he has amazingly quick feet and his footwork is miles better than it was when he first came onto the scene

but do not act like some of us do not know what we are talking about
              my point was, if you show bad footwork in a fight, and have good footwork in the same fight, it doesn't mean that you have bad footwork.

Just because he was slipping in the fight(maybe he got over excited or frustrated), doesn't mean his footwork isn't better when he's not slipping.

and I further denounced his claim because pacquaio was rawer more undisciplined in those earlier fights and had less than good footwork. He has developed it into what it is now and the fighter he is today.

so why does it matter again?
              Last edited by DARKSEID; 01-02-2011, 12:33 AM.

Comment

we all saw how ridiculously amateurish and outbalanced he looked against JMM, don't kid yourself and buy into the illusion of him having improved footwork. anyone can look good against slow / stationary fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Needles View Post
                  we all saw how ridiculously amateurish and outbalanced he looked against JMM, don't kid yourself and buy into the illusion of him having improved footwork. anyone can look good against slow / stationary fighters.

I'll ask it again...

what does the pacquiao of 5 years ago have to do with the fighter he is today?

Comment

Sorry if I seem like a dick lol, the tone i'm trying to set is that "if you think pacquiao has bad footwork, you're stupid"

Proof is in the shots he throws

Comment

Working...
                    X