Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia vs. Shawn Porter - WBC Interim-Title Order Looms

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chepboxingking View Post
    Garcia is the much better fighter. Stop talking nonsense
    Shawn Porter will beat Danny Garcia handily on workrate alone

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      Good. This should've been done. And strip Thurman while you're at it.
      Who cares about Danny or Porter...

more importantly

Who is that fine specimen in your SIG?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
        The Thurman momentum has officially stopped.
        I didn't know he ever had momentum?

Squeaking by Shawn "Wrestlemania" Porter and edging Danny "Mr. Mediocre" Garcia does not impress me. At all.

Beating two C or C+ level guys does not make you A level. It just means you beat C/C+ guys...

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
          I didn't know he ever had momentum?

Squeaking by Shawn "Wrestlemania" Porter and edging Danny "Mr. Mediocre" Garcia does not impress me. At all.

Beating two C or C+ level guys does not make you A level. It just means you beat C/C+ guys...
          Are you kidding me, Thurman is the top dog of the WW division until Spence beats somebody else. Now with all those injuries he falls in his rankings.

Comment

Are you kidding me, Thurman is the top dog of the WW division until Spence beats somebody else. Now with all those injuries he falls in his rankings.
            Right but there was never a "top dog" in WW. WW is a very watered down division after Floyd, Mosley, Manny, Cotto, Marquez, and Bradley all retired.

It was the glamour division. It is far from glamour now as it's merely a 2 dog race...TC and Errol

It's the same problem with Golovkin. People want to say Keith and Gennady are these world-beaters, but they aren't. Both guys had easy paths to success and were almost never tested by a good fighter.

Danny Garcia? The guy that lost to Lamont Peterson, Mauricio Herrera, and was about to lose to Zab Judah???

Shawn Porter? This WWE guy got smacked up by About Broke, lost decisively to Kell Brownies, and has looked horrible in every fight I've ever seen him. Can't even call what he does "boxing".

And Thurman was hurt by Luis Collazo...career journeyman. So impressive

https://youtu.be/DJPbVNoheQM?t=44

As for Gennady...he's dominated part-time boxers and cab drivers and the only 2 fights where he fought someone with a pulse he arguably lost both.

All smoke and mirrors.

Terrence and Errol are the WW "top dogs" as you like to call it. Thurman is just a little bit better than Berto was at that point in his career. Porter is horrible. Danny is like a younger Devon Alexander

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
              Right but there was never a "top dog" in WW. WW is a very watered down division after Floyd, Mosley, Manny, Cotto, Marquez, and Bradley all retired.

It was the glamour division. It is far from glamour now as it's merely a 2 dog race...TC and Errol

It's the same problem with Golovkin. People want to say Keith and Gennady are these world-beaters, but they aren't. Both guys had easy paths to success and were almost never tested by a good fighter.

Danny Garcia? The guy that lost to Lamont Peterson, Mauricio Herrera, and was about to lose to Zab Judah???

Shawn Porter? This WWE guy got smacked up by About Broke, lost decisively to Kell Brownies, and has looked horrible in every fight I've ever seen him. Can't even call what he does "boxing".

And Thurman was hurt by Luis Collazo...career journeyman. So impressive

https://youtu.be/DJPbVNoheQM?t=44

As for Gennady...he's dominated part-time boxers and cab drivers and the only 2 fights where he fought someone with a pulse he arguably lost both.

All smoke and mirrors.

Terrence and Errol are the WW "top dogs" as you like to call it. Thurman is just a little bit better than Berto was at that point in his career. Porter is horrible. Danny is like a younger Devon Alexander
              Regardless of your personal opinion at the moment Thurman is the more proven WW until Spence adds one more big name (if anybody dares to fight him) and TC actually starts fighting at WW.

Now with Thurman out of action for so long and not knowing when he is going to come back he goes down a notch.

WW has always been a hot division. I personally think that Spence will be the top dog soon but he has to fight his way there.

Comment

Porter UD. This is gonna be a messy, competitive fight. Porter's gonna outwork Danny.

Comment

Regardless of your personal opinion at the moment Thurman is the more proven WW until Spence adds one more big name (if anybody dares to fight him) and TC actually starts fighting at WW.

Now with Thurman out of action for so long and not knowing when he is going to come back he goes down a notch.

WW has always been a hot division. I personally think that Spence will be the top dog soon but he has to fight his way there.
                  I agree that Thurman is currently #1 by default since Spence hasn't fought anyone although the Brook win was definitely decent (somewhat tarnished because of when he fought him though). TC simply hasn't fought at the weight yet

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing lives View Post
                    Shawn Porter will beat Danny Garcia handily on workrate alone
                    The fight outcome depends on the ref selected. If you have a ref that's going to let Porter use all of his WWE moves in the boxing ring, then you're right. But of the ref puts a stop early to all the head-butting and wrestling porter likes to do, Danny should win this fight because porter aggressive style is tailored made

Comment

Originally posted by chepboxingking View Post
                      The fight outcome depends on the ref selected. If you have a ref that's going to let Porter use all of his WWE moves in the boxing ring, then you're right. But of the ref puts a stop early to all the head-butting and wrestling porter likes to do, Danny should win this fight because porter aggressive style is tailored made
                      Kinda sounds like an out to me. But I will confidently pick a Shawn Porter victory via decision regardless of ref selection. I'm going on record, Shawn Porter by decision. Thats what it is! Danny has no punch at 147!

Comment

Working...
                      X