No announcement yet.

David Benavidez is going to beat Gavril's ass bad this time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sweeterscience View Post
    I may take a pistol whipping for suggesting this, but Benavidez looked like he could have been a little tighter, conditioning-wise in their first fight. It might be that he's just young, might be his natural build. He certainly didn't run out of gas. Just looked a bit soft at the weigh in. Does anyone know how his camp was? Any injuries or illness?
    He's always just been a bit soft physically, might be he his young age but I doubt it. Some guys just aren't naturally lean

Comment

Originally posted by Johnston View Post
      He's always just been a bit soft physically, might be he his young age but I doubt it. Some guys just aren't naturally lean
      He used to be fat i think. Like, 250lbs as a teenager fat. Lost a lot of weight but obviously still has loose skin.

That said, I think he would benefit from a move to LHW one day soon.

Hopefully he can fight on of the top guys at 168 before he does

Comment

I may take a pistol whipping for suggesting this, but Benavidez looked like he could have been a little tighter, conditioning-wise in their first fight.
        I think thats completely legit. Anyone giving you a "pistol whipping" is a Benavidez fanboy (hell I dig the guy a lot, but not cross the fanboy threshold, but I think its a fair assessment)

It might be that he's just young, might be his natural build. He certainly didn't run out of gas. Just looked a bit soft at the weigh in.
        I don't think his build matters. He seems like he's got a solid "boxers body". He's not Joshua'd up or anything so I don't see his frame impacting his stamina.

So I think this is about him having only been past the 6th round like 4 times & the fact this mighta been his most challenging opponent wasn't helping him conserve energy I'm positive. Not to mention the nerves/stress that might go with going this deep for the first time. I bet with experience (even the experience of the first fight) this becomes less of a problem.

Does anyone know how his camp was? Any injuries or illness?
        I've not heard of anything that I'm recalling along those lines.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
          He used to be fat i think. Like, 250lbs as a teenager fat. Lost a lot of weight but obviously still has loose skin.

That said, I think he would benefit from a move to LHW one day soon.

Hopefully he can fight on of the top guys at 168 before he does
          Completely forgot about that.. And yea taking in too account out his frame and age, I think we can eventually expect to see him at lhw. His speed will be even a bigger factor their

Comment

That's some ferocious sparring. Have you seen any video clips?

I like Benavidez, good fighter, good power, but Gavril has a lot of pop in his gloves too and he dropped Benavidez last time. I guess I see this one as more of a coin flip fight.
            I didn't see video

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
              I didn't see video
              Maybe there isn't any. I'd really like to see him in with Bivol. If he can hang tough with Bivol in sparring, maybe I wasnt giving the man his due.

Comment

I think we've kind of forgotten that Benavidez just turned 21, he still has miles and miles of development left. I think that last fight is going to teach him loads and he's going to look like a monster the 2nd time around. Benavidez by brutal mid-rds KO

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
                  I think we've kind of forgotten that Benavidez just turned 21, he still has miles and miles of development left. I think that last fight is going to teach him loads and he's going to look like a monster the 2nd time around. Benavidez by brutal mid-rds KO
                  Yes, that's true. Before the Porky Medina fight everybody thought of him as a prospect. I think the Gavril fight reminded everybody his experience really doesn't go beyond his pro career.

Comment

Working...
                  X