No announcement yet.

Anderson Silva lost to Michael Bisping

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
    Ive been watching MMA for more than 10 years, n idk why but Spider Silva has hardly ever been on my watchlist

Seems like this match was good, ill take a look at it
    That's unbelievable. Silva has a lot of fans but also a lot of haters because he has always been linked to many other fighters wether it's about legacy rankings or potential matchups, such as with Fedor, GSP, Jones, Shogun and Rampage in the past, Hendo etc. He's linked to more fanbases and superfights than any other MMA fighter ever.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
      That's unbelievable. Silva has a lot of fans but also a lot of haters because he has always been linked to many other fighters wether it's about legacy rankings or potential matchups, such as with Fedor, GSP, Jones, Shogun and Rampage in the past, Hendo etc. He's linked to more fanbases and superfights than any other MMA fighter ever.
      Never been a Silva fan myself. He tries too hard to be the Floyd Mayweather of MMA. This fight should have been easy work for him, but he didn't even half try IMO

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
        Never been a Silva fan myself. He tries too hard to be the Floyd Mayweather of MMA. This fight should have been easy work for him, but he didn't even half try IMO
        You mean Roy Jones Jr. of MMA, and let me tell you something he achieved something beyond that in MMA. But the danger here is that he may be following Roy when it comes to fighting on for too long.

Comment

You mean Roy Jones Jr. of MMA, and let me tell you something he achieved something beyond that in MMA. But the danger here is that he may be following Roy when it comes to fighting on for too long.
          No, I mean the Floyd Mayweather of MMA. I don't see taunting from Silva, I see sweet science and risk avoidance. Roy Jones actually went for stoppages after his taunts; he used them SPECIFICALLY to get KOs.

Silva just waits for counter ops. Just like Floyd. But he didn't need to against Bisping, that's the problem. He should have taken him out in 2 rounds.

Comment

No, I mean the Floyd Mayweather of MMA. I don't see taunting from Silva, I see sweet science and risk avoidance. Roy Jones actually went for stoppages after his taunts; he used them SPECIFICALLY to get KOs.

You don't know what you're talking about. You literally described Anderson's style since 09.

He was still trying this in his last two fights as well but he cannot land then like this anymore, he's declined too much.

His career is almost exactly like Jones. Both had the same type of fights with all the taunting and crazy KO's, both have the failed drug test, both had the horrid fall from grace, both best of their generation and now both are damaging their legacy for fighting too long.
            Last edited by BKM-; 02-28-2016, 02:33 PM.

Comment

I honestly see him more like Ali this stage in the game. It seemed like he was trying to do the rope a dope but Bisping is one of the best conditioned fighters ever.

No shame in the loss it was a fun fight. I agree tho rematch Bisping and retire.

Comment

If someone would have offered me this bet like 4 years ago, I would have put my entire bank account on Spider.

Comment

I don't have UFC Fight Pass (yet) so I just been reading about it.

Based what I've read so far, some people think Silva was robbed.

Comment

You don't know what you're talking about. You literally described Anderson's style since 09.

He was still trying this in his last two fights as well but he cannot land then like this anymore, he's declined too much.

His career is almost exactly like Jones. Both had the same type of fights with all the taunting and crazy KO's, both have the failed drug test, both had the horrid fall from grace, both best of their generation and now both are damaging their legacy for fighting too long.
                    I saw NO taunting during those exchanges. Do you?

That's the fine difference between Jones and Mayweather.
                    Jones would taunt and then counter strike. Keyword is TAUNT. See Jones/Toney.

Mayweather would avoid and then counter strike. Keyword is AVOID. See Mayweather/De La Hoya OR Mayweather/Pacquiao OR Mayweather/Hatton.

They are two different styles. Which of these fights most closely aligns with the GIFs you shared of Silva? Honestly?

Comment

I saw NO taunting during those exchanges. Do you?

That's the fine difference between Jones and Mayweather.
                      Jones would taunt and then counter strike. Keyword is TAUNT. See Jones/Toney.

Mayweather would avoid and then counter strike. Keyword is AVOID. See Mayweather/De La Hoya OR Mayweather/Pacquiao OR Mayweather/Hatton.

They are two different styles. Which of these fights most closely aligns with the GIFs you shared of Silva? Honestly?
                      Taunt definition: to reproach in a sarcastic, insulting, or jeering manner; mock.

Go buy a dictionary so you won't be confused about basic stuff like this.

You were (proven) wrong but you have too much pride to admit it. It's pathetic.

Comment

Working...
                      X