Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[truth] people have to remember that pacs last fight is not just about him only...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by killakali View Post
    I don't think Bradley regrets it at all. He's getting 2mil for aroids and already made over 19 mil from top rank. Besides Floyd pac Canelo Cotto, no one else is getting that paper.

If Crawford has to sign an extension which he will, to get that 4 mil pac paydays he should do it. The key is his minimums after the fight. Marquez Rios Vargas Ponamarev benavides plus Provodnikov Matthysse Ali are all there to fight.

As for the extension that's not just a top rank thing all promoters use that for leverage. Galarza recently said on twitter he was being froze out until he signed with Haymon. He said they wouldn't put him on any card. Matthysse had to sign with haymon to get Garcia. Khan had to sign with haymon to get Floyd even though. That didnt work out.

If you remember schaefers made Guerrero sign an extension to get the Floyd fight. Nothing new. That's standard boxing practices.
    Marquez is not there to fight. Matthysse is not a big fight. Neither is Provodnikov. These are simply not big fights. Rios isn't either although he could make a bit of coin. But none of the names you mentioned would catapult him to the next level.

Comment

Bradley has the possibility of getting Canelo should Alvarez win, a fight he's been begging for. He regrets not fighting Mayweather maybe, otherwise there's no one else to feel regret over.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        No, I don't agree at all. Huh?
        Of these two -
        1) Pac/Crawford, which you're saying Pac will win. That means he'll have Pac, who may retire immediately after that fight, and Crawford coming off of a loss in his stable.

2) Pac/Khan, which you're under the impression Pac might not win. In either case, Pac likely retires and Crawford remains unaffected.

- is #1 really much better for Arum?

Comment

Originally posted by STAX ON DECK View Post
          its about top ranks future as well,and bob arum knows this more then anyone,,

it baffles me for anyone to think mattshhsye or khan were even in the "running" to begin with,when the real choice has been right in front of our faces for quite some time. why would bob arum allow outside fighters possibly being handed the "torch" from pac when he could keep things in-house??lets be honesty here,any youngster who beats PAC or Floyd(though retired) gets handed down the torch. theres no question about that,now ask yourself...why on earch would bob arum possibly allow khan,a outsider/Al haymon managed fighter to possibly take the torch from pac???same goes for matthsyye who is golden boy managed,not a chance!!!

the answer; terrance bud crawford

hes of the appropriate weight class,hes an in-house top rank fighter,hes slick yet still dangerous and heavy handed,and hes coming off a nice KO victory where he looked menacing and wanted to punish the guy,,and of course,hes very young and talented

and theres virtually no chance he beats pac and then runs off to al haymon because in order to even get the pac fight in the first place,we all kno damn well hes gonna have to sign a multi fight contract with top rank,just like bradley and everyone else had to do.

its a win-win situation for top rank to keep things running in house,win win for BUD if he wins(he is now a legit P4P top 1-5) and a PPV draw,and if Pac wins its a great win for him because of BUDs stature..hes undefeated and slick,just like floyd in some ways so the casuals and fantaitics will look at is as "redempotion" from the beating he took from TBE.

what do you think???
          while i agree the list was just window dressing and it was going to be crawford all along thats ok thats who i wanted him to fight anyway

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob View Post
            Of these two -
            1) Pac/Crawford, which you're saying Pac will win. That means he'll have Pac, who may retire immediately after that fight, and Crawford coming off of a loss in his stable.

2) Pac/Khan, which you're under the impression Pac might not win. In either case, Pac likely retires and Crawford remains unaffected.

- is there really a clear preference for Arum?
            In scenario one, he has both fighters under contract. If Manny wins, he may or may not retire. If TC wins, Arum gets what he wants.

In scenario two, Manny wins, he may or may not retire. If Khan wins, Arum is screwed.

Easy decision for TR.

Comment

Marquez is not there to fight. Matthysse is not a big fight. Neither is Provodnikov. These are simply not big fights. Rios isn't either although he could make a bit of coin. But none of the names you mentioned would catapult him to the next level.
              The Pacquiao fight is the biggest name and pay day available now that Floyd is gone. That would be worth signing the extension. PBC has nothing to rival that plus he can also fight Bradley. That's as big or bigger than anything PBC has.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                The Pacquiao fight is the biggest name and pay day available now that Floyd is gone. That would be worth signing the extension. PBC has nothing to rival that plus he can also fight Bradley. That's as big or bigger than anything PBC has.
                No, I don't think it would, actually. But it's TC's call. If I were him, I'd use my leverage. TR needs him more than he needs them.

Comment

No, I don't think it would, actually. But it's TC's call. If I were him, I'd use my leverage. TR needs him more than he needs them.
                  what exaclty do you think he should propose with his newfound leverage? perhaps a shorter contract signing with top rank(2 years rather then 4) or maybe a x amount of fight under top rank type of contract??

Comment

Originally posted by STAX ON DECK View Post
                    what exaclty do you think he should propose with his newfound leverage? perhaps a shorter contract signing with top rank(2 years rather then 4) or maybe a x amount of fight under top rank type of contract??
                    I really don't know. Depends on what Pacquiao's options are and what's presented to him. Obviously, you take the Pacquiao fight if it's available. But if he can, he shouldn't re-sign long-term at all if he can help it. Not before the fight anyway. Maybe a two or three fight deal with an out clause but that's probably not possible in this scenario.

Comment

Working...
                    X