Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tony Thompson failed a drug test after Price rematch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
    At the very least information should have been shared between commissions so that fair decisions could be made about whether to give him a licence

Really highlights how disjointed and unorganised the sport is
    Exactly. If I was to fight Tony (Lol) I would like to know if he was banned for PED's. I'm shocked that this info hasn't been shared.

Comment

Originally posted by Y0@NN View Post
      I didn't say it wasn't outrageous, but that people won't care at this point.
      At least it will serve his next opponent.
      They should care.

Luckily Thompson is not a dangerous fighter in that way, others could be.

What if, for example, Kovalev had failed a test vs Cleverly and the same situation had played out? Kovalev is a beast who genuinly hurts people in the ring, don't his future opponents deserve to know what they could be getting int the ring with?

*not accusing Kovalev of anything, just was the first foreign guy who came to mind who had fought in the UK and is considered a big puncher.

Comment

In the UK its because he initiated legal action which presumably meant the BBBofC couldnt talk about it publicly, wouldnt be surprised if its the same in Australia.

Pulev, Solis x2 and Takam all stepped into the ring to fight a guy who had already failed a drugs test (two in Solis and Takams case). None of them knew anything about it. Thats insane to me.
        Yea, when you actually think about it, it's pretty crazy.

But David Price is still trash and nobody needs PEDs to beat that bum.

Comment

Moral of the thread - if you're from the UK, you must be a fan of David Price.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            Moral of the thread - if you're from the UK, you must be a fan of David Price.
            Kind of hard to dislike the bloke tbf.

Comment

Originally posted by Andre Wardttke View Post
              Kind of hard to dislike the bloke tbf.
              I've never liked him. Always knew he was a KO waiting to happen.

The thread should be about Thompson though. The guy literally said that PEDs should be legal before that fight. No wonder.

Comment

Disgusting how some people thinks it's okay that Thompson cheated to beat Price because they feel he's trash anyway.

Silly comments like You don't need PEDs to beat Price" just totally ignoring the fact that only one of two men to beat him USED PEDS.

Comment

At the very least information should have been shared between commissions so that fair decisions could be made about whether to give him a licence

Really highlights how disjointed and unorganised the sport is
                  Yep the BBBofC should have been able to share that info with other organisation and boxing commissions, the fact that he continues to fight and use the same drug after been informed is definitely outrageous. The problem is because it has been so long it has made it almost irrelevant to his career.

Comment

I dont think you understand what 'backfire' means. Have you been on the sauce again mate?
                    Well the headlines today should clarify your concern

http://www.boxingscene.com/tony-thom...ug-test--94059

You jumped the gun and went on with shoddy journalism, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
                      Well the headlines today should clarify your concern

http://www.boxingscene.com/tony-thom...ug-test--94059

You jumped the gun and went on with shoddy journalism, sorry.
                      I went with the information that I had at the time, as did Bscene who ran the same article.

By the way does anyone else find it strange that after getting banned in the UK on a technicality Thompson then went to Austaralia and got banned for exactly the same thing? Is his Physician that **** at filing paperwork?

Or was that also misreported?

Comment

Working...
                      X