Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would the hopkins that beat trinidad have defeated chad dawson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would the hopkins that beat trinidad have defeated chad dawson?

Just re-watched Hopkins vs Trinidad. Do you think the Bernard Hopkins that knocked out Felix Trinidad would have defeated Chad Dawson?

I'm gonna say he would have beat Dawson. Hopkins has done a good job of staying in shape and being able to keep his career going despite his age but he's still fell off some since beating Trinidad I don't think you can deny that. Maybe it was the weight but I'm thinking its more of him getting older

Comment

Bernard was a light heavyweight and Trinidad was a welterweight.

just sayin.

Comment

Originally posted by Sn1 View Post
        Bernard was a light heavyweight and Trinidad was a welterweight.

just sayin.
        Wasn't the question..just sayin.

Comment

well, that hopkins made a catchweight of 156 or so. boxrec has him weighing in at 157. i tend to doubt it. he'd be giving up a ton of weight in the ring.

now, if the hopkins that fought pavlik at 170 fought dawson i think he might even stop him, especially at the 170 lb catchweight.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            well, that hopkins made a catchweight of 156 or so. boxrec has him weighing in at 157. i tend to doubt it. he'd be giving up a ton of weight in the ring.

now, if the hopkins that fought pavlik at 170 fought dawson i think he might even stop him, especially at the 170 lb catchweight.
            That catchweight was for Oscar I thought. Was there one for Trinidad, too?

I think even that middleweight Hopkins would have beat Dawson.

Comment

Yep.

Prime Dawson would have been a very good fight, but the Chad of the past 2-3 years can't even hang with that B-Hop.

Comment

Yes I think prime Hopkins would have beaten Dawson.
                Chad has the style to give Hopkins problems and it wouldnt have been exciting but a prime Hopkins would have laid outmore traps than he was able to when they did meet.

Prime Hopkins is a level or two above Dawson at his best and we would have seen the difference in class. All we saw in the 2nd Hopkins - Dawson fight was the difference between a big young prime fighter playing it safe vs an older slower man he couldnt pull the trigger like he use to.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                  Yep.

Prime Dawson would have been a very good fight, but the Chad of the past 2-3 years can't even hang with that B-Hop.
                  this^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by texasboi15 View Post
                    Just re-watched Hopkins vs Trinidad. Do you think the Bernard Hopkins that knocked out Felix Trinidad would have defeated Chad Dawson?
                    I dont know. Tito's popularity caused people to foolishly think he had a chance against BHop. Prime Chad can do so much more in the ring than Tito could. But I think Bhop finds away to win. He's just too experienced in the ring for chad IMO.

Comment

Working...
                    X