Collapse
No announcement yet.

I refuse to order Showtime PPV if…

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would take Lampley and Kellerman, and the late Steward over anything Showtime has to offer for commentators. Lampley adds so much passion and dramatics to fights. He knows boxing, and he breathes it. In my opinion, he is the voice of boxing for commentators. And its strange for me to hear other people call a big prize fight. I'm so used to hearing Lampley.

Kellerman on the other hand, is a boxing encyclopedia. The guy knows everything, and he's very sharp on his feet. He's quick to recognize changes in the fight, or patterns that may be emerging, as well as bringing in some history of the sport.

Roy Jones needs to go. Can't understand half of the stuff he's saying. But if could explain more of the intricate parts of a fight to people, he'd serve a good purpose. Half of the joy of watching boxing, is understanding what's going on. The depth of skill, the ebb and flow of a match etc. makes boxing unique. And I think a lot of people don't see it.

Comment

I rather have Gus than Mauro.

Gus had wacky quotes and made the broadcast exciting. Mauro doesn't make it exciting.

Comment

Originally posted by SOL27 View Post
        I would take Lampley and Kellerman, and the late Steward over anything Showtime has to offer for commentators. Lampley adds so much passion and dramatics to fights. He knows boxing, and he breathes it. In my opinion, he is the voice of boxing for commentators. And its strange for me to hear other people call a big prize fight. I'm so used to hearing Lampley.

Kellerman on the other hand, is a boxing encyclopedia. The guy knows everything, and he's very sharp on his feet. He's quick to recognize changes in the fight, or patterns that may be emerging, as well as bringing in some history of the sport.

Roy Jones needs to go. Can't understand half of the stuff he's saying. But if could explain more of the intricate parts of a fight to people, he'd serve a good purpose. Half of the joy of watching boxing, is understanding what's going on. The depth of skill, the ebb and flow of a match etc. makes boxing unique. And I think a lot of people don't see it.

This is the first time this combination was picked

Comment

Originally posted by ElMeroChingon View Post
          I COuldn't belive his score card against Cano......../joke
          Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          He actually thought he won
          I guess he didn't have a good view

Comment

Yeah dude is pretty bad, listening to him on a $70 PPV all night could be real bad

Comment

Pull that tampon out bro. Don't be a bum, go get a job and cough up that $70 for the PPV. Support Mayweather. Witness

Comment

Originally posted by pturtle View Post
                They don’t drop , Mauro Ranallo from the commentating crew. The guy knows zero about boxing and when he commentates, he makes everything sound fake like he’s a wrestling commentator.

At least with Jim Lampley, he has a history of being a commentator, and half the time when he saids dumb things its fun to talk about on here, he also isn’t clueless about this sport like Mauro Ranallo, sure he’s biased but most commentators are.

The rest of the Showtime crew are very good and to me at least rival the HBO commentators, I like Bernstein and Mallinaggi a lot, I also like Roy and Kellerman(even though he is the most hated after Lampley) but that fool Mauro Ranallo has to go.

Can you guys really picture yourself watching Mayweather/Guerrero and Canelo/Trout listening to that guys voice the whole night? He should be working MMA still or WWE, its a disgrace to have him call Boxing.

Just look at his dumb face
                I don't know who the fu** he is nor did I ever hear him talk..maybe I did but can't recall it right now..but man he's one disturbing psychotic looking dude

Comment

If you've watched any Showtime fight lately you've heard him. He's awful.

Comment

Working...
                  X