Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

whos style is more entertaining to watch tyson or ali.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whos style is more entertaining to watch tyson or ali.

for me ali style was sorta boring he just danced and moved out of the way of punches instead of really blockin them. I mean I know that's what boxings about but still. I watched ringside on espn classic for like 6hours and I have to say it was pretty ****in boring cause he's style isnt excitin at all if he fought in this era he would be booed and maybe juuus maybe be a nobody(dont see why ppl say he can beat a tyson cause the match's I saw when he gets cornered with pressure he puts his hands up and has this scared look on his face like"o **** they got me"U see what joe did to him and tyson's alot faster in gettin inside then joe I bet. And tyson's style is go right toward u with aggression tryin to knock u out with every punch.He's bob and weave style made for an interesting site when watching and not knowing when he might knock them out was a treat also.

Originally posted by mystyal2k5
    for me ali style was sorta boring he just danced and moved out of the way of punches instead of really blockin them. I mean I know that's what boxings about but still. I watched ringside on espn classic for like 6hours and I have to say it was pretty ****in boring cause he's style isnt excitin at all if he fought in this era he would be booed and maybe juuus maybe be a nobody(dont see why ppl say he can beat a tyson cause the match's I saw when he gets cornered with pressure he puts his hands up and has this scared look on his face like"o **** they got me"U see what joe did to him and tyson's alot faster in gettin inside then joe I bet. And tyson's style is go right toward u with aggression tryin to knock u out with every punch.He's bob and weave style made for an interesting site when watching and not knowing when he might knock them out was a treat also.
    ali toyed with you in the ring. he made it fun. watch the cooper fight in the third round. he was making faces at him while throwing combinations hahahaha! tyson can't toy with a fighter, he doesn't have the charisma that ali has so it's no contest. and ali wasn't in his prime when he fought frazier, everybody knows that.

Comment

hard call

ive had my best fights with ali so yeah it will have to be ali.

Comment

Originally posted by leff
        hard call

ive had my best fights with ali so yeah it will have to be ali.
        you never fought ali.

Comment

Originally posted by butterfly1964
          ali toyed with you in the ring. he made it fun. watch the cooper fight in the third round. he was making faces at him while throwing combinations hahahaha! tyson can't toy with a fighter, he doesn't have the charisma that ali has so it's no contest. and ali wasn't in his prime when he fought frazier, everybody knows that.

u need to watch for 1 fight tyson vs. mitch green. and I didnt say that he wasnt it just he's style is boring.*yawn*

Comment

u need to watch for 1 fight tyson vs. mitch green. and I didnt say that he wasnt it just he's style is boring.*yawn*
            the stick and move style is boring. ali had the stick and move, but he spiced it up a little. he danced around and made it poetry and it was beautiful. he shuffled! whoooooooooo the shuffle! tyson can't do that. if he tried, he would trip over his own feet and break his own ankles! ali can shuffle and make his opponents break their ankles! ali is the "and one" of boxing ahaha! you like tyson's style, thats understandable, i kind of like it too, but i like ali's style because it's intoxicating. you want to copy tyson's style, but i want to copy ali's style, because you can't be hit like that, and that's what every boxer would not like to be, hit. so i think ali's is the best, because it's unbelievable how fast he was, whoooooooaaaaaaaaa!!

Comment

Originally posted by butterfly1964
              the stick and move style is boring. ali had the stick and move, but he spiced it up a little. he danced around and made it poetry and it was beautiful. he shuffled! whoooooooooo the shuffle! tyson can't do that. if he tried, he would trip over his own feet and break his own ankles! ali can shuffle and make his opponents break their ankles! ali is the "and one" of boxing ahaha! you like tyson's style, thats understandable, i kind of like it too, but i like ali's style because it's intoxicating. you want to copy tyson's style, but i want to copy ali's style, because you can't be hit like that, and that's what every boxer would not like to be, hit. so i think ali's is the best, because it's unbelievable how fast he was, whoooooooaaaaaaaaa!!

ok it may be the best to u buuuuuuuut is it more entertaining then tyson's?? in other words would u sit your ass down to watch ali fight or tyson but not being a fan of neither

Comment

ok it may be the best to u buuuuuuuut is it more entertaining then tyson's?? in other words would u sit your ass down to watch ali fight or tyson but not being a fan of neither
                probably ali's, cause before i was a fan of either, i watched both and i quickly wanted to fight like ali. i wanted to fight like tyson too, cause they both were exciting, but ali's was more glamorous and appealing, cause he used to humiliate opponents before ko'ing them, when tyson just ko'd them.

Comment

But he was hit when he used that style in his prime; several times. Clay was hit by Jones in 1963 when he was the #1 contender and in great shape. Ali staggered from a landed punch that Jones delivered in the first round, and anybody who fought Jones said that he hit like a lightweight. Doug Jones was good at closing the gap, and because of that, he gave Ali trouble in that fight. You know who was better at closing the gap than Jones? Tyson. Mike Tyson was arguably the best at closing the gap in the sport's history. In Ali's fights in the 60's, he got hit and even went down in multiple fights. While he did go on to win those fights, they were fights against opponents who weren't great finishers. You know who was a great finisher? Tyson. When a fighter was hurt, Tyson was automatic. Put Tyson in Jones's situation where he would have caught Ali staggering from an off-guard punch--which, if Jones could do it, Tyson could have done it in his sleep--Ali would have hit the mat and stayed there until after the count of 10. This argument is not refutable by a statement like, "If it wasn't for fighters A, B, and C, Jones would have been the best ever! That's why he gave Ali trouble!" While Ali was tough to take down sometimes, this wasn't the case when he was caught by a clean shot. Landing a clean shot was the difficult part, but it was clearly not impossible as many fighters proved.

Ali's chin was NOT perfect, his style was NOT perfect, he was NOT Superman, he was NOT impossible to hit, his speed was NOT too much for every fighter in every situation, and while he was fast, there were people who weren't even very good that could and did combat his speed. Keep in mind, I believe that Ali was the greatest heavyweight of all-time. REPEAT: ALI WAS THE GREATEST HEAVYWEIGHT OF ALL-TIME. It is rediculous, however, to assume that he was perfect in every aspect of the sport.

In terms of raw excitement, I would say that more people would concede that Tyson was far more exciting to watch than Ali. That doesn't mean that he was better, he was just more explosive and "edge-of-your-seat" than Ali. Muhammad's style was fluid, even poetic, but it often rendered 'boo's' from the crowd when he'd spend an entire round dancing and not punching. People want punching to define excitement, not jawing and mocking. Ali himself was a charismatic character, but that didn't matter nearly as much to the fans as someone who could tear people's heads off like Tyson did. Check the ratings of their respective fights; Tyson wins by an ocean.

Before I close, I just wanted to state that I believe Muhammad Ali was a surperior fighter to Mike Tyson. He was definitely a greater champion, but it is absolutely juvenile to say things like, "He was so fast, nobody could touch him..." when he clearly got "touched" and even knocked down during his physical prime. Often times it was by fighters who weren't strong or powerful, they just knew how to close the gap. All of the speed in the world doesn't mean anything if a decent fighter knows how to close the gap. Yes, Ali was a master of creating disadvantages for his opponents, but he wasn't invincible. He was just a man like every one of his opponents. Sometimes his opponents were capable of proving that Ali was no more than a man. A man with an incredible set of gifts, but a man nonetheless.

I normally agree with you Butterfly, but you really stretched to make this case.

Comment

I think Ali has a more exciting style. People went to see Ali for two reasons, they either Hated him or loved him, no inbetween. He was arrogant yet likable, concieted yet talented, took punches but dished out more. He provided more exciting fights that were better quality. Tyson fought many bums, that only lasted 1-5 rounds. As a matter of fact his average rounds in the ring on his 32nd fight was like 2 rounds or something like that. Ali was unpredictable.

Comment

Working...
                    X