Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Holmes was in his prime, would he have still lost to Tyson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Holmes was in his prime, would he have still lost to Tyson?

I don't remember exactly how I scored it, but I know that I definitely gave Holmes at least one round, in his 1988 fight against Tyson.

If it was a prime version of Holmes that fought Tyson, what do you think the outcome would be?

I believe Tyson beats any version of Holmes in his prime.

Mike was just a little too fast and powerful. He was also very hard to hit.

Comment

Originally posted by whatwasit View Post
      I don't remember exactly how I scored it, but I know that I definitely gave Holmes at least one round, in his 1988 fight against Tyson.

If it was a prime version of Holmes that fought Tyson, what do you think the outcome would be?
      now your **** is red, lol, nyahahahahahaha, dumbass:wank::wank:

Comment

I think Holmes might have been able to turn it into a war by not going down, but i see him losing a Ud or getting stopped either way. If he didn't get stopped I don't think he would have been able to figure out mikes head movement and would have been stunned in too many rounds to salvage a victory.

In my opinion that was Holmes biggest weakness, his defense, open to a counter right hand.

IMO Frazier beats Holmes as well, lands too many left hooks on Holmes jaw.

Comment

Originally posted by whatwasit View Post

Ask yourself this. If ALI was in his prime, would he have still lost to Holmes??? Prime Ali would KO Holmes within 6 rounds. And Tyson would KO Holmes at any point of larry's career!!!!!!! Holmes' wasn't all that. Remember when he threw his belt in the trash can, than face Greg Page????

Comment

Originally posted by gibo View Post
            Ask yourself this. If ALI was in his prime, would he have still lost to Holmes??? Prime Ali would KO Holmes within 6 rounds. And Tyson would KO Holmes at any point of larry's career!!!!!!! Holmes' wasn't all that. Remember when he threw his belt in the trash can, than face Greg Page????
            ?
            Holmes giving up the WBC belt was a political move by Don King and had nothing to do with Page. Holmes didn't duck Page, you make Page sound like Harry Wills.
            Page's first loss as a pro, to Trevor Berbick. Holmes fought him.
            Pages second loss, Tim Withespoon-Holmes fought him.
            Page third loss, David Bey guess who fought Bey next?

Holmes had a real good chin and defence, Ali was not a big puncher.
            6 rounds? LOL where do you get this stuff?

Name the fighter that Tyson fought in his prime(W/Rooney) that had Holmes' skill, heart or will to win, Tyrell Biggs?

Comment

Holmes was down hard against Snipes and Shavers from similar right hands and incredibly Holmes got up both times to win the fight. Snipes and Shavers where never the kind of finisher Tyson was. So I think Tyson would have been able to land the right on a prime Holmes and also be able to finish him off.

Comment

yes i think Tyson would have beat a prime Holmes,

Comment

It would take a little longer, but the same outcome

Comment

Holmes was all that, but Tyson is stylistically horrible for him. In another thread, I picked Smoke to do a number of Larry too in a one of doubt. He didnt have Ali's speed of hand or foot, nor the evasiveness.

Comment

Working...
                    X