Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather’s Olympic Style Blood Testing in Boxing is Pure Nuts!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Ash- View Post
    My dude, Vitali was caught with Olympic style blood tests. Hence him getting caught in his Olympic team. You haven't linked not even one of you're claims, it's like you're making all of this up just to win a debate.
    The olympics uses both blood testing and urine testing. There were alot of articles about the incident when vitali first turned pro. im not a computer whiz and dont care to look them up but i know my boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Sumakwel View Post
      Mayweather’s Olympic Style Blood Testing in Boxing is Pure Nuts!
      By Allen Canceran

Imagine yourself as an up and coming boxer eager to fight anybody “anytime, anywhere”. An eager dollar-eyed promoter takes notice of your murderous amateur record and signs you up to a 3-year contract vowing to make you a global superstar within those 3 years. He shows you his plan which includes fighting at least once a month starting you up with patsies to pad your record and inserting once in a while a boxer who you recognize as not a “no-name” brand.

Meanwhile, Floyd “Level-Playing-Field” Mayweather, Jr. just succeeded in ousting Keith Kizer as Executive Director of the Nevada State Athletic Commission or NSAC. First on his agenda as mafia boss is to implement an across the board Olympic style blood testing in professional boxing in the state of Nevada. It is mandatory that all boxing matches should have unlimited random blood testing up unto the day of the fight or after. Urine tests were also required and sent to the Juan Manuel Marquez laboratories in Mexico where they taste-test every urine for hidden performance enhancer designer drugs. The Oscar Ring magazine hails the new NSAC czar as a trailblazer in the sports of boxing. From his blog he stated “There is no one better to head the NSAC than pretty boy who has shown by fine example in the last 3 years of his boxing career has allowed himself to be blood tested olympic style. Those two fights of pretty boy showed to the world that a level playing field in boxing could be achieved.” Floyd in another interview thanked Oscar for “riding (his) dick” all these years.

Three…two…one…(snap!) Stop imagining. What I showed you is not funny at all. Floyd who fights once in a year (or twice if you’re lucky) has all the leisure in shouting to the world the need for olympic style blood testing in boxing. While he has the leisure of fighting once and earning tens of millions, the average boxer would need to fight more often to build up his reputation. A boxer who expects to fight twice or up to three times in a month would find his arms riddled with holes from repeated needle poking. I would not expect such boxer to continue fighting after six months. His career would be over for reasons of physical deformity. In such cases, the Commission cannot back-track and allow that a test be valid for a month for that would contradict the randomness policy which was built to effectively address Pacquiao’s staunch refusal to give blood 24 days before the fight and also immediately after. Random blood testing become trickier and more frequent I would guess as steroid companies become more efficient in developing drugs with half-lives lasting only for a few hours making any drug testing inutile.

As I have said in my previous article (Golden Boy Must Lead the Way to Increase Drug Vigilance in Boxing) if Oscar really believes in Floyd’s campaign to clean up the sport of boxing so as to achieve a “level playing field” then he should start letting himself and his stable of boxers to be randomly blood tested for each fight regardless if the opponent would allow themselves to undergo such procedure. He should also clean his closet of all skeletons by signing a waiver that would allow the public to scrutinize the drug testing records of every fighter from GBP, including Oscar himself.

As you see, it takes very little effort to write from a blog criticizing another fighter to submit to random blood testing if he has “nothing to hide”. But to actually believe and live what you’re saying, that takes some seeing to believing from the watching public.

http://www.nowboxing.com/2010/02/may...ure-nuts/7869/

whats even more nuts is not accepting it...............who cares now...bring on SSM vs PBF

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
        The olympics uses both blood testing and urine testing. There were alot of articles about the incident when vitali first turned pro. im not a computer whiz and dont care to look them up but i know my boxing.
        link or it never happened

Comment

I agree with the writer.

Usain Bolt and Michael Phelps looked like **** last time out because of those fucking tests.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
            Fu.ck up man, go eat a dick. It's Mayweather Mosley now!

When Pacquiao grows some balls under that baby carrot and is willing to take the test, then talk.
            hahahahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
              Fu.ck up man, go eat a dick. It's Mayweather Mosley now!

When Pacquiao grows some balls under that baby carrot and is willing to take the test, then talk.
              When someone tested positive on PED the talk,dont cry!

Comment

pac refused a random blood test( a tea spoon of blook 3-5 times) for 40 million dollars. Honestly thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard if he didnt have nothing to hide he would have taken it

Comment

As much as I cannot stand Floyd Mayweather Jr as a person (isn’t he up on a second charge of battery?) He has opened a massive issue which resides in boxing, which has been brushed under the carpet for years. With the two high profile cases in America being Roy Jones Jr and Shane Moseley what happened to them? Nothing, James Toney was banded for a short period of time but surely this isn’t enough? I am sure there are cases all over the world, I wasn’t just picking on guys from the states let me make that clear. There is no incentive from the governing bodies/organisations or a promoter to enforce which (as you all know) is down to money.

I don’t know whether there are many people on here from Britain but there was a Radio programme on Five Live at 9pm last Thursday all about drugs in boxing. They interviewed Conte who stated (as has been written previously on here) that creams etc can be cleared from your system with a day; therefore given that fighters get notice of when they are to be tested they can back off from any substances they are using (if they have of course) before the testers arrive.

This issue (as has been stated on this thread) is wider than Mayweather and Pacman, drug testing with boxing is minimal, they interviewed James DeGale who had been rigorously tested leading up to the Olympics and since turning pro he hasn’t been drugs tested during training once. Steve Bunce stated at trade fights and so on you can see guys who have developed massively and knows of several ex body builders who have tried their hands at boxing and failed miserably. What is disturbing is Conte is still working with several boxers...I would have thought part of his sentence should have been working at the Nevada State Commission as well as with the Olympic testers on how to detect XY and Z substances to catch these guys (poacher turned game keeper if you will).

I have also read that the Nevada State Commissions testing is outdated, I see no problem with an Olympic style random testing programme within boxing, and the two main issues are cost and governing bodies, as there is no single governing body for the sport, it would be very difficult to legislate for this. Personally if someone like the WBC came out and said as part of the cost for putting on a fight X amount of pounds, euros or dollars has to be set aside for the random drug testing of fighters then it would be a start. In addition fighters training schedules can be an organic thing, I mean the schedule they may give the tests at the start of a training camp may say that the fighter will be at camp X; whoever if the fighter needs a massage/physio etc due to a niggle they may be somewhere else. Greater communication all round would be required for this to work, something that currently I don’t think happens.

I would rather then watch/pay for fights where there is a greater likelihood that both fighters are “clean”. Unfortunately that drugs created are usually a step ahead of the testers in the case of boxing they are miles not steps behind.

I also think it’s down to the three big main countries hosting boxing (i.e. Britain, America and Germany) to take a stand on this. I know from what I have read in Germany they are taking a far tougher stance on testing, (I believe the title fight this weekend the challenger tested positive). This is a business where you are in it to hurt people, not run quicker!

Someone needs to take a stand to get this sport back to what it was about; in addition anyone taking the time to write something to post on here should be given credit but constructive criticism as we are all here writing on these sites for the same reason.

Comment

Working...
                  X