Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Cotto Vs Margarito A Brutal Beating?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by raycorey View Post
    I think it was a brutal beating TBH, Even though Cotto was landing more and prettier shots all his shots was towards Margarito's head which that monster took well.

But Margarito was landing bombs on Cotto's chest, Hips and head and all those powershots took there toll on Cotto who slowed down enough for Rito to catch up on him in the later rounds.
    Yeah, too many angle shots by Tony, if you look closely at Cotto's body it was full of marks and bruises, his back specially, something Cotto has been notorious of doing against his opponents. My boy was ****ing possessed by El Diablo that night.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
      He landed some good shots in round 2, which was the only round I thought he won in the first 6, round 7 he landed big shots, 8 and 9 were OK for Cotto although Margarito was able to get through occasionally, 10 and 11 were Cotto's worst rounds in the fight obviously, his face didn't get really busted up until the second half of the fight.
      i disagree man cotto was already spitting blood by round 6 if thats not brutal i dont know what is

Comment

Originally posted by ElGranLuchador View Post
        i disagree man cotto was already spitting blood by round 6 if thats not brutal i dont know what is
        That was probably blood from his nose, he was bleeding from the nose since the second round.

Comment

This picture explains it all.

Comment

Originally posted by Shalafi View Post
            I beg to differ sir, Tony landed some really good bombs on Cotto early on, specially to the body, it's just that HBO are too biased and only showed Cotto's shots because they were obviously the "prettier" shots. It was after the 6th that Tony started head hunting and ****ed Cotto all up, by round 2 Cotto had already a small cut on his right eye, a broken nose and semi busted lip.
            At first I was inclined to say it wasn't a beating, but now that you mention it, yeah. Cotto got hit with good body shots, they just weren't apparent as his crisp punches landing flush on the Antonio's chin. Antonio got hit with some tremendous shots as well, but he has a MUCH better chin than Cotto and doesn't seem to get bruised or cut as much either, that's very psychologically intimidating, to hurt a fighter with great shots and see him walk through them and not look that beaten up.

And you know, I watched the fight again because I was recording it this time and I agree with you that HBO was very biased on Cotto. It was good for us, bad for the ones rooting for Antonio, the majority of the replays were on Cotto. Being fair however, Antonio did get some highlights but I believe they were few and far in between, they were either when Cotto got hit with an uppercut or for example where Cotto got hurt badly in the 7th round.

The PPV fight between Jones/Trinidad was even worse: a one sided fight, fighters past their primes, Bob Sheridan commentating *shivers*, no REAL action save for the 2 knockdowns and ALL the highlights (ALL OF THEM) were for Jones. For God's sake, at one point one of the highlights in between rounds was Jones rotating his hips and doing a little dance at the end of the rounds. It was pathetic! What...the...hell?!

Comment

Originally posted by RIZO OWNS View Post
              Margarito has no regard for anyone's health.

I believe it now.

Comment

Originally posted by Shalafi View Post
                I beg to differ sir, Tony landed some really good bombs on Cotto early on, specially to the body, it's just that HBO are too biased and only showed Cotto's shots because they were obviously the "prettier" shots. It was after the 6th that Tony started head hunting and ****ed Cotto all up, by round 2 Cotto had already a small cut on his right eye, a broken nose and semi busted lip.
                yep, agreed. Cotto looked like **** (from a cuts and bruises perspective) while he was WINNING the fight, never mind when Tony took over for good.

No doubt it was a brutal beating - physically, mentally, whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
                  He landed some good shots in round 2, which was the only round I thought he won in the first 6, round 7 he landed big shots, 8 and 9 were OK for Cotto although Margarito was able to get through occasionally, 10 and 11 were Cotto's worst rounds in the fight obviously, his face didn't get really busted up until the second half of the fight.
                  Green K coming your way. You said it perfectly.

Tony fought a great fight. He wore down Cotto by walking right through some hard shots and hurting Cotto on the inside with right uppercuts plus bodyshots.

That isn't to say that Cotto didn't fight a good fight for most of the rounds. For the first six rounds he was easily outboxing Tony, but somewhere along the line a combination of being unable to breathe through his nose and the brutal bodyshots took everything out of him. He could no longer escape Tony, who still had plenty left in the tank.

Comment

It was a brutal ending. Not an overall brutal beating.

Comment

Originally posted by P4P Opinion View Post
                      Green K coming your way. You said it perfectly.

Tony fought a great fight. He wore down Cotto by walking right through some hard shots and hurting Cotto on the inside with right uppercuts plus bodyshots.

That isn't to say that Cotto didn't fight a good fight for most of the rounds. For the first six rounds he was easily outboxing Tony, but somewhere along the line a combination of being unable to breathe through his nose and the brutal bodyshots took everything out of him. He could no longer escape Tony, who still had plenty left in the tank.
                      Thanks.

Agreed, those punches just wore Cotto out as the fight went along and he was breathing through his mouth from round 2 so that definitely didn't help him.

Physically, I didn't think it was a brutal beating, I've seen worse but it was a bad beating he took, I think this fight was more brutal to Cotto psychologically than physically.

Comment

Working...
                      X