No announcement yet.

Which One Would You Choose?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
    That's a straight up myth. That would be the worst pill to choose because we all use all of our brains (unless you're brain damaged). The "we only use 10℅ of our brains" is an urban legend not bases on science, which is why the entire premise of Lucy was ******ed.
    Links please.

Comment

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...-their-brains/

http://www.healthline.com/health/how...brainwrinkles3

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_pe...the_brain_myth

Comment

I was going to say the 80% pill will be useless but I was beaten to it as to what the reason is. It's a myth, everyone is capable of using 100% of their brain, it's just the brain has diff functions so you don't need to use 100% of it. For example when you are doing art/drawing, you are using your right hemisphere because that is the side of the brain that you use for imagination, art awareness, creativity. While you're doing math and using logic, language, writing/typing, that's your left side of the brain. For example for this post I used my left side of the brain.

I'll take the green pill like Makavelli said, to bet and make a killing. Become a quadrillionaire, start a group with other like-minded people who used the green pill, donate billions upon billions of dollars to stem cell researchers who are on the verge of curing different types of cancers starting with the one that has the most research behind it, learning cloning, and learning how to use stem cells to create any other cell to cure a host of diseases but just don't have the funds to finish their research. Be first in line to buy the patents for the cures so my company can sell it for affordable prices unlike big pharma would do.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
          That's a straight up myth. That would be the worst pill to choose because we all use all of our brains (unless you're brain damaged). The "we only use 10℅ of our brains" is an urban legend not bases on science, which is why the entire premise of Lucy was ******ed.
          If you watched the movie, you'd know that Lucy's knowledge is on a 32GB USB memory stick, bruh. Put some respec on her name.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
            If you watched the movie, you'd know that Lucy's knowledge is on a 32GB USB memory stick, bruh. Put some respec on her name.

that movie started off so great...then did a complete facedive for the last hour

she became a ****ing computer? really?

Comment

Black pill. Immortality.

Comment

Green pill

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post

well?
                  why not drink all of them?

Comment

12 hours in to the future, then I'd be a billionaire through betting and the stockmarket within a month.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                      Links please.
                      SemiGreat posted pretty much all you need.

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                      I was going to say the 80% pill will be useless but I was beaten to it as to what the reason is. It's a myth, everyone is capable of using 100% of their brain, it's just the brain has diff functions so you don't need to use 100% of it. For example when you are doing art/drawing, you are using your right hemisphere because that is the side of the brain that you use for imagination, art awareness, creativity. While you're doing math and using logic, language, writing/typing, that's your left side of the brain. For example for this post I used my left side of the brain.
                      Well it's not even that you're only using certain parts of your brain during certain activities, you use all of your brain at all times, even when sleeping. Certain areas of the brain have more activity when you're doing certain things, like you said drawing/artistic stuff, but the rest of your brain is still active as well. Brain imaging shows us this:
                      Brain scans have shown that no matter what one is doing, all brain areas are always active. Some areas are more active at any one time than others, but barring brain damage, there is no part of the brain that is absolutely not functioning.

So no matter what one is doing, we're using 100℅ of our brains.

What's really interesting to me is how the brain adapts. Using your example about the right hemisphere and art, we've seen many cases where people have brain damage to specific area's or literally missing parts of the brain responsible for art or whatever, and the brain finds ways to adapt, using the parts of the brain that is available to suddenly do these things. Good article http://www.cmu.edu/news/stories/arch...stoinjury.html

Comment

Working...
                      X