Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Oscar go through Mayweather's resume undefeated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oscar was at his best in the 90s, so it's kind of hard to compare.

Comment

What is the exact scenario? Prime DLH vs everyone Floyd fought at the age they were when HE fought them, or, DLH being the age Floyd was when he fought every fighter?

I will go with DLH being the same age Floyd was when he fought the fighter.

Anyone Floyd beat at 130 - Yes DLH beats them when he was in his 20s and at SFW.
      Castillo at 135 - tough fight, DLH W though.
      Corley - W
      Gatti - DLH already KO'ed him.
      Judah - W
      Baldomir - W
      Hatton - W
      Marquez - W
      Mosley - Debatable - Reason: DLH was peppered by the smaller Steve Forbes and went the distance. Mosley was past prime, but he had KO'ed Margarito, who DLH ducked for Pac.
      Ortiz: W
      Cotto: L - 35 year old Mayweather so we have to apply the same age to DLH. At 35 DLH was whooped by Pac and looked like crap against Forbes. Cotto was a new fighter and had found better success at 154. I'll take Cotto over an aging 35YO DLH.
      Guerrero - W - Guerrero is so bad that DLH would look like he's back.
      Alvarez - L - Canelo would be too young and fresh for a 36 year old DLH.
      Maidana - L - 37 year old DLH would be a dead man walking against Maidana the swarmer.
      Pacquiao -38yo DLH vs 36 yo Pac would most likely look the same as their 2008 encounter.
      Berto - Debatable - 38yo DLH is up for grabs - problem is Berto is inconsistent as we saw him lose vs Ortiz, Guerrero, and Karrass. But can a 38yo shot to bits DLH take on Berto? It's debatable.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        What is the exact scenario? Prime DLH vs everyone Floyd fought at the age they were when HE fought them, or, DLH being the age Floyd was when he fought every fighter?

Anyone Floyd beat at 130 - Yes DLH beats them when he was in his 20s and at SFW.
        Corley - W
        Judah - W
        Baldomir - W
        Hatton - W
        Marquez - W
        Mosley - Debatable - Reason: DLH was peppered by the smaller Steve Forbes and went the distance. Mosley was past prime, but he had KO'ed Margarito, who DLH ducked for Pac.
        Cotto: L - 35 year old Mayweather so we have to apply the same age to DLH. At 35 DLH was whooped by Pac and looked like crap against Forbes. Cotto was a new fighter and had found better success at 154. I'll take Cotto over an aging 35YO DLH.
        Maidana - L - 37 year old DLH would be a dead man walking against Maidana the swarmer.
        Pacquiao -38yo DLH vs 36 yo Pac would most likely look the same as their 2008 encounter.
        Berto - Debatable - 38yo DLH is up for grabs - problem is Berto is inconsistent as we saw him lose vs Ortiz, Guerrero, and Karrass. But can a 38yo shot to bits DLH take on Berto? It's debatable.
        It's prime DLH only when you've got an agenda.

Comment

Originally posted by yngwie View Post
          Yes.
          Oscar fought and absolutely prime Mosley and lost a great fight and should have gotten the decision in the rematch.
          Besides Mosley the most dangerous fights for Oscar would have been Corrales, Pacquiao, Cotto and maybe Judah, Canelo, Marquez and others, but a prime Oscar was one of the most talented fighters of all time, his biggest problems outside the ring would have been his laziness, lack of a good corner and distractions, but let's say a prime Oscar faces them all, i don't see anyone of them beating Oscar and i only would give a chance to Manny and Mosley.
          This is making the assumption that Oscar would stay in his prime throughout his whole career. A past prime Floyd was ale to retire undefeated. Could a pass prime Oscar still beat all the guys on Floyd's resume at the same age Floyd beat them? I doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

Corley - W
            Judah - W
            Baldomir - W
            Hatton - W
            Marquez - W
            Thank you!!! You took the words out of my mouth. Of course a prime Oscar could likely retire undefeated if he doesn't age at all in 20 years of fighting lol. But that's ridiculous. These guys don't use logic. The question is if Oscar could keep the same level of consistency against the same level of opposition as Floyd

Comment

Working...
            X