Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thurman response to Floyd about ducking Spence

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if floyd wasn't retired he would take on spence. spence just had 6 million viewers. what a great fight that would have been. spence by ko 4

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
      Paul Williams was a flawed imitation of Chico Corrales, and would have gotten handily outworked by PBF. Martinez basically beat him twice, Lara beat him...come on.

The real reason he didn't bother with that fight is that Williams was not a draw. He was still an up an comer in the bigger picture. PBF was going after the big names.

Williams and Spence aren't in the same class. Spence has not been given a gift decision, and until that happens, I consider him way above Williams in terms of closing the book on fights.
      lol this guy is on crack.paul williams and his non stop pressure style would have given froid fits like castillo and maidana did.spence hasn't proven anything he's literally beaten nobody worth mentioning to say he's higher than paul williams in anyway is laughable.spence is a hype job at this point.

Comment

Thurman: "At the of the day, if you know your boxing right now, it's up to Al Haymon to make the fight. Haymon made this fight. Al Haymon made the 4th fight, Haymon made that fight..."

There you go.

Comment

I agreed with most of what Thurman said about the Spence situation even though I think if he wanted to break the cycle of mandatory challengers getting screwed over he could by giving Spence a fight after Danny.

My thoughts on the 2nd video: wtf Angel seems like he's on crack or something. He always talked trash and I'm all for that but he seems to be losing control of himself more.

Comment

And you better not duck me thun!

Comment

Paul Williams was a flawed imitation of Chico Corrales, and would have gotten handily outworked by PBF. Martinez basically beat him twice, Lara beat him...come on.

The real reason he didn't bother with that fight is that Williams was not a draw. He was still an up an comer in the bigger picture. PBF was going after the big names.

Williams and Spence aren't in the same class. Spence has not been given a gift decision, and until that happens, I consider him way above Williams in terms of closing the book on fights.
              Chico wasn't a southpaw volume puncher.

Comment

Originally posted by Face Of Boxing View Post
                Floyd avoided tall bangers with range for a reason.
                Both Corrales and Castillo - guys PBF beat - were tall bangers with range. Got schooled.

De La Hoya was tall with range. Got beat.

Gerena was tall with range. Got stopped.

Hernandez was tall with range. Got stopped.

Tony Pep was REALLY tall with range. Got beat.

N'Dou was tall with range. Got stopped.

I could go on and on, but the point is, PBF avoided no tall fighters that were worth the money to fight.

Originally posted by Face Of Boxing View Post
                Your last statement, lmao. Williams closed the book on championships. Spence has beaten who again?
                "Closed the book" means there was no debate about who won the fight.

Which of the two fighters have questionable decisions on their record? You've got a 50% chance of getting it wrong.

I'm not saying Spence is some legend but let's be real. Paul Williams is overrated by too many people when he was getting gift decisions left and right.

Originally posted by KeyboardWarrior View Post
                Chico wasn't a southpaw volume puncher.
                Ignore the stance. They both have the same flaws in how they fight. Otherwise PBF wouldn't have beaten Corrales so easily.

Comment

Floyd was the one chasing the young Mosley so Thurman is wrong on that one..and Manny is the one who declined testing cause he wanted a cutoff

Comment

Both Corrales and Castillo - guys PBF beat - were tall bangers with range. Got schooled.

De La Hoya was tall with range. Got beat.

Gerena was tall with range. Got stopped.

Hernandez was tall with range. Got stopped.

Tony Pep was REALLY tall with range. Got beat.

N'Dou was tall with range. Got stopped.

I could go on and on, but the point is, PBF avoided no tall fighters that were worth the money to fight.

"Closed the book" means there was no debate about who won the fight.

Which of the two fighters have questionable decisions on their record? You've got a 50% chance of getting it wrong.

I'm not saying Spence is some legend but let's be real. Paul Williams is overrated by too many people when he was getting gift decisions left and right.

Ignore the stance. They both have the same flaws in how they fight. Otherwise PBF wouldn't have beaten Corrales so easily.
                    You don't know what you are posting about. It is just not that simple, PBF would not approach a tall rangy southpaw volume puncher the same way he dealt with Chico who is a tall puncher who suprisingly CAN fight on the inside.

These guys are very different, and Paul Williams was even taller, had pretty good reach and was a volume puncher.

Comment

Originally posted by KeyboardWarrior View Post
                      You don't know what you are posting about. It is just not that simple, PBF would not approach a tall rangy southpaw volume puncher the same way he dealt with Chico who is a tall puncher who suprisingly CAN fight on the inside.

These guys are very different, and Paul Williams was even taller, had pretty good reach and was a volume puncher.
                      Now you're making so many excuses you can't just settle on one.

I gave you NUMEROUS examples of tall fighters Floyd schooled.

Did you forget that one of Floyd's easiest victories was against a southpaw? #48?

Also...
                      Guerrero - southpaw. Easy work.
                      Ortiz - southpaw. Easy work.
                      Judah - southpaw. He's probably the only one to even have close to a chance, until he gassed.
                      Mitchell - southpaw. Easy work.
                      Corley - southpaw. Easy work.

AT some point, people need to stop with the wild eyed theories. Height has no effect against Floyd and he does better against southpaws than orthodox fighters - case in point, #48, supposedly #2 in the division, made to look like he didn't know what he was doing in that ring.

Comment

Working...
                      X