Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why doesn't anyone mention Robert Easter Jr.?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually thought Commey won their fight but Easter will still be a fighter to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      He's still got a lot to prove, but I've been talking about him a lot. Easter v Commey was my FOTY.

Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
      Actually thought Commey won their fight but Easter will still be a fighter to watch.
      I really enjoyed that fight, great action and skill. I actually though Commey won it to BUT I had no beef with the decision, it was razor close.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
        Because he's a 6' tall, good punching, young lightweight champion, who's still likely another 2-3 years away from his physical peak. The situation is a bit different, but no one had **** to say about Paul Williams because they knew what that would get them.

Easter Jr is going to have his first title defense in his home town (if that fight does monster business, some folks may get a bit braver).

Terry Flanagan isn't going to say ****, Oscar De La Hoya won't even side-mention Easter's name for Linares, Eddie Hearn is unlikely to immediately look that way if Crolla gets the win, and I'm not sure that Mikey Garcia will make that his first priority either.

Dejan Zlaticanin (fighting Mikey Garcia for that WBC belt, with Linares having the first option if he wants the fight) may make the move (if Easter Jr draws well in his hometown defense) but that'd be only because Zlaticanin doesn't really draw anywhere on his own.
        Yeah man I just see Easter being one of those guys forced to move up because he cant get a fight like Paul Williams had to.

How do you think Easter would do at 140? Against Crawford?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
          Yeah man I just see Easter being one of those guys forced to move up because he cant get a fight like Paul Williams had to.

How do you think Easter would do at 140? Against Crawford?
          Terrence Crawford is talented as all hell, but Easter Jr has shown that he just might be able to box his ass off, while also coming into any possible fight with an other-wordly reach advantage.

People have a way of ignoring the point, but Robert Easter Jr has the time/physical frame to end up as a middleweight fighter and compete (depending on how far up his punching power carries).

Frankly, I'm not sure how Crawford handles having to figure out that kind of style matchup (especially with Crawford being in his early 30s by the time such a matchup would even be possible).

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
            Terrence Crawford is talented as all hell, but Easter Jr has shown that he just might be able to box his ass off, while also coming into any possible fight with an other-wordly reach advantage.

People have a way of ignoring the point, but Robert Easter Jr has the time/physical frame to end up as a middleweight fighter and compete (depending on how far up his punching power carries).

Frankly, I'm not sure how Crawford handles having to figure out that kind of style matchup (especially with Crawford being in his early 30s by the time such a matchup would even be possible).
            yeah man is crazy long. Im a big Crawford fan but I have yet to see his power inside game and thats how a guy like Easter gets beat. Commey had a lot of success but he had to bring it and got hurt plenty of times doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              He's still got a lot to prove, but I've been talking about him a lot. Easter v Commey was my FOTY.
              He's a Champion...

That's poof enough...or it should be.

Fighters like Beterbiev get hyped and he's in his 30's and is not a champ.

Comment

Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
                Lawd have mercy on your eyesight.

Comment

He is 6' tall and has a 76'' reach, HOLY SHIET. If he can fill his frame with muscle, he can compete in many divisions if he wishes.

Comment

Working...
                  X