• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unified champs..out of all the divisions why so few

140-Crawford-WBC,WBO
    160-Golovkin-WBC,WBA,IBF
    175-Ward-WBA,IBF,WBO

ONLY 3 UNIFIED CHAMPS IN THE ENTIRE SPORT...

because its easier for guys to bounce around various divisions picking off the weakest links so they can call themselves "multi division champs" instead of just wanting to be the baddest man in a single division

thats all you hear around here most of the time. "well so-and-so moved up, but so-and-so didnt move up" and blah blah blah. For example Charlo has had a 154 title for about 20 minutes and is already talking about leaving 154......
    Last edited by OnePunch; 12-27-2016, 10:57 PM.

Comment

I wonder how much more we would see guys move up if they knew they had to face thee man of the division instead of picking off the weakest champs, like OnePunch said. I think guys would be a little more hesitant if the knew they had to go through the boss of the division to pick up a meaningful title.

Comment

Too much politics

Comment

Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
          I wonder how much more we would see guys move up if they knew they had to face thee man of the division instead of picking off the weakest champs, like OnePunch said. I think guys would be a little more hesitant if the knew they had to go through the boss of the division to pick up a meaningful title.
          Exactly. There's guys who pick up titles in 2 or more weight classes without having faced to best in any division.

Comment

Well there's been a lot of weird things happening like Lebedev only having to defend his IBF belt which split a unified champ up, then there's the Fury thing which caused all the belts to be split again.

But it looks like the unified champ numbers will increase by the summer of 2017. Degale/Jack, Thurman/Garcia, and Joshua/Klit are all unification fights.

Comment

They have to be willing to fight the other champions in their weight class.Good for fighters like Ward, Kovalev, Crawford, Jacobs,Garcia, Thurman, Jack, DeGale, Loma and a few others for doing that.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                because its easier for guys to bounce around various divisions picking off the weakest links so they can call themselves "multi division champs" instead of just wanting to be the baddest man in a single division

thats all you hear around here most of the time. "well so-and-so moved up, but so-and-so didnt move up" and blah blah blah. For example Charlo has had a 154 title for about 20 minutes and is already talking about leaving 154......
                Charlo talked about that before his last fight. You think he's taking the easier path by going up in weight to Golovkin's division?

Comment

DeGale-Jack
                  Thurman-Garcia
                  Bruns-Indongio
                  Klitschko-Joshua

These are all unifaction bouts early next year

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    Charlo talked about that before his last fight. You think he's taking the easier path by going up in weight to Golovkin's division?
                    since a golovkin-charlo fight would be unlikely to happen in the next 12-18 months, its not really relevant. There are much more interesting fights I'd rather see him in at 154

Comment

Working...
                    X