Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum Explains How Broner Killed Pacquiao Fight, Rules Him Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Broner gets TWO losses and goes the distance with TWO hard hitting Welterweights, and is a 4 Division Champ...

Rios gets 4 million...

Arum spikes his matzo-ball soup with the same laced up stuff Oscar was on in fishnets.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
      Broner's a stationary target when his opponents go on the offensive. Like Paulie has said repeatedly, AB doesn't get off when his opponent is firing. He just shells up and shakes his head no. Meanwhile said opponent is scoring points.

No Manny wouldn't smother him with pressure, but he'd get in and out, very similarly to how he did Rios, score with the judges with quick Manny Pacquiao patented combinations -- while Broner just tries to cover up. And then he'd get out and reset...and repeat.

We can agree to disagree but I really believe that it would be a wide UD in favor of Pacquiao.
      So Broner wouldn't throw any counters...you know the same ones Mayweather landed. Broner wouldn't be the aggressor to prevent the burst you speak of. Again...not saying he wins...but he could easily win 4-5 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
        yea, it sounded to me like Haymon was up for it, but Broner wanted more money

of course, I would need absolute confirmation of that from Haymon or Broner before I believe it..... but that could be true, sure

Broner is way more popular than Rios/Algieri, 4mil seems a little low?

Also, on the other thread..... weren't you running around looking for a precedent regarding opponents/potential opponents of superstars who took a flat fee?

And, what happened to Arum insisting a flat fee is unfair ?

..... either way, not sure how you can justify saying that the extremely popular Broner is a fool for turning down 4mil to fight the absolute superstar Pacquiao..... and yet the relatively unknown Golovkin is not a fool for turning down 10mil to fight the burgeoning superstar Canelo.

you guys couldn't lie straight in bed

Rios got 4 mil at the time because this was pre mayweather fight.

don't matter anyway since Arum could be lying.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
          So Broner gets TWO losses and goes the distance with TWO hard hitting Welterweights, and is a 4 Division Champ...

Rios gets 4 million...

Arum spikes his matzo-ball soup with the same laced up stuff Oscar was on in fishnets.

Comment

Originally posted by dazzo16 View Post
            Yea so broner knows his worth.. who knows what arum offered what optioins.. promoters are liars dont you know this already

Broner brings more $ than Rios...that's for damn sure

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
              Broner's a stationary target when his opponents go on the offensive. Like Paulie has said repeatedly, AB doesn't get off when his opponent is firing. He just shells up and shakes his head no. Meanwhile said opponent is scoring points.

No Manny wouldn't smother him with pressure, but he'd get in and out, very similarly to how he did Rios, score with the judges with quick Manny Pacquiao patented combinations -- while Broner just tries to cover up. And then he'd get out and reset...and repeat.

We can agree to disagree but I really believe that it would be a wide UD in favor of Pacquiao.
              So is JMM.

Broner is mean on the inside and throws a counter left hook that would send Pac into retirement.

Pac hasn't had a KO in almost a decade....he sure as hell ain't stopping Broner....if anything he'd get stopped.

Put Pac in with Maidana and watch him get KTFO.

Those blind-alley right hooks would catch Pac with ease.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                So is JMM.

Broner is mean on the inside and throws a counter left hook that would send Pac into retirement.

Pac hasn't had a KO in almost a decade....he sure as hell ain't stopping Broner....if anything he'd get stopped.

Put Pac in with Maidana and watch him get KTFO.

Those blind-alley right hooks would catch Pac with ease.
                broner hasnt had a ko since fighting at ww, and if you wanna get technical, broner doesnt have much kos at all. its mostly tko LMAO! broner have 5 kos total! stop fooling yourself nugga!
                Last edited by WesternChamp; 10-29-2016, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Anybody know what type of purse they're talking about?

I would think Broner is worth around 5-8 million guaranteed purse. Then with maybe 75/25 revenue split, should the revenue exceed a certain amount.

The fact is, he's NEVER headlined a PPV; however, admittedly, he is a very good "B-side" for Pacquiao.

he would help sell the fight a lot, and I think is worth at least double the guaranteed purse of guys like Rios, Algieri, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
                    broner hasnt had a ko since fighting at ww, and if you wanna get technical, broner doesnt have much kos at all. its mostly tko LMAO! broner have 5 kos total! stop fooling yourself nugga!
                    The only real brutal KO I can think of Broner ever scoring in recent memory, was against Litzau in Mexico - on the undercard of Rhodes/Alvarez, I believe. That was a pretty brutal stoppage, if I recall - mouthpiece flying out, beautiful combinations, etc.

That was Broner @ 130, though - he must have been sucking so much weight to get there - he was a straight up monster puncher there.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                      Only an idiot would turn down 10 million like GGG did.
                      no you idiot that's a flat fee ggg will make much more against ducknelo you better believe it.

Comment

Working...
                      X