No announcement yet.

Does Canelo vs GGG happen this year?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No way. This fight never happens.

Canelo would rather watch his mother get raped by gangs of laughing hyenas than have to fight Golovkin at the MW limit of 160.

Anybody who thinks this fight gets made -- ever -- is severely mentally ******ed or lying.

Comment

As long a GGG is destroying his opponents and looking like a dangerous fighter Canelo and Golden Boy will continue to avoid him. They will wait til Golovkin is older and even then they will try to drain him and attempt to get every conceivable advantage when they meet in the ring....IF they ever meet in the ring. Boxing is more of a business than a sport...unfortunately for us boxing fans.

Comment

Canelo will fight Lemieux next

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
          tom they dont want anything to do with ggg. it is very clear. start talking with wbc on stripping canelo of his belt. ggg can fight for the vacant wbc belt while canelo continues to feasts on smaller men.

anyways im a big fan and u have been doing great with K2. big respect.

Comment

Let Canelo vacate and fight Tureano & Heiland before GGG. In reality he'll probably fight Cotto & Margarito instead. Canelo is a 4-1 underdog for a reason, short, slow feet, overrated power.

Negotiations are ongoing between the camps of WBC middleweight champion Canelo Alvarez and WBA/IBF/WBC interim champion Gennady “GGG” Golovkin. *********.com® has learned that one of the proposals being discussed is that both fighters agree to have at least two or three interim fights each before they clash. If both sides agree to it, Canelo’s next foe could be either David Lemieux or Curtis Stevens. GGG could face Daniel Jacobs. The reasoning for the additional time is to let the fight marinate and become bigger and bigger so the fighters (Canelo and GGG) can make the most money when they finally do meet. Stay tuned…
            http://www.fig htnews.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Loeffler View Post
              Eric Gomez, Oscar De La Hoya and I have all agreed to keep quiet on negotiations, so i'm not at liberty to speak about this. But I can tell you, we are in talks right now. Just be patient.
              How big and veiny is wladimir's trouser trout?

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Jong Pimp View Post

i doubt it. I get the feeling Canelo's team will try to stall until late 2017 at least so that GGG can be even older and more deteriorated.
                I think there is more chance that it will happen than it won't happen. If they stall and don't fight him next Canelo forfeits his WBC world title and then GGG no longer needs to fight him at all. Stalling GGG would leave Canelo with no title and no GGG fight ever. You say by late 2017 GGG will be even older and more deteriorated. GGG isn't that old and he has shown zero signs of deterioration. On the contrary he looked even better and more dangerous and powerful than ever in KOing Lemieux in 7 rounds and Wade in 2 rounds. He will be the same great fighter in 2017 that he is now. I think Oscar might not want Canelo to fight GGG but Canelo has pride. I think he will tell Oscar he is fighting GGG next. We should know in a few days. The 15 day deadline to agree to fight GGG next will be over this coming Monday. Then Golden Boy will have to **** or get off the WBC title pot.

Comment

NO! I think September 2017

I think Canelo takes 1 more fight at 155 then another fight to test himself vs a true middleweight then he fights GGG

Comment

All time great fighters are calling out Canelo on ESPN Deportes etc. There's no way it doesn't happen in September and Canelo keeps his pride intact. He has to fight the guy or suffer lowering PPV numbers. He doesn't have "credibility" according to JMM, Chavez Sr. and the gang.

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Jong Pimp View Post

i doubt it. I get the feeling Canelo's team will try to stall until late 2017 at least so that GGG can be even older and more deteriorated.
                      Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                      Let Canelo vacate and fight Tureano & Heiland before GGG. In reality he'll probably fight Cotto & Margarito instead. Canelo is a 4-1 underdog for a reason, short, slow feet, overrated power.

http://www.fig htnews.com/
                      Canelo isn't a 4 to 1 underdog because he is so bad. He is a big underdog because GGG is so good. My guess is any middleweight fighting today would be an even bigger underdog than 4 to 1 if they were fighting GGG. Canelo's power didn't seem overrated when he landed that lightning bolt right hand that almost knocked Khan's head off and left him for dead. He finished Kirkland the same way. Canelo has fought his way onto most top ten pound for pound lists. He can fight and he can punch very hard with both hands. He doesn't punch as hard as GGG but nobody else does either.

Comment

Working...
                      X