Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adrien Broner v Ricky Burns - Objectively break down this fight for me please

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adrien Broner v Ricky Burns - Objectively break down this fight for me please

As a technical discussion, say Broner v Burns happens this year in Las Vegas, can fans of both fighters break down for me why they think their guy will or won't win?

I'm a brit, and a big Ricky Burns fan, but I hate to say I see Broner breaking him down and winning on the cards or stopping Ricky late. The Demarco performance was impressive, Demarco is a top LW and Broner just took him apart

Okay serious answer...

He will just win Y'kno cuz he is A.B all day, every day ya'll. But yeah man a techicool breakdown wood be like A.B 2k13 wins cuz he just stands still and lets guys hit his shoulder until they gas n den hits him with right hooks to de body b4 goin upstares n finishin em good n propa! init bludclaart! can a have a r-r-rewind?

n dat gavin rees is like totally a top p4p assassin who as bin killin de british seen man but he got **** for our A.B y'dig?

Comment

Realistically, I think it's simply a difference in levels.

Ricky has proven himself to be a world level fighter, but Broner has the ability to be an elite fighter.

Ricky has a strong jab, terrific stamina and is now pretty solid defensively. Broner though, he too has a strong jab but he also has every other punch in the book to go with it as well as very good hand speed, good defence, good power and ring smarts.

I think it's going to take an aggressive and explosive fighter to beat Broner.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
        Okay serious answer...

He will just win Y'kno cuz he is A.B all day, every day ya'll. But yeah man a techicool breakdown wood be like A.B 2k13 wins cuz he just stands still and lets guys hit his shoulder until they gas n den hits him with right hooks to de body b4 goin upstares n finishin em good n propa! init bludclaart! can a have a r-r-rewind?

n dat gavin rees is like totally a top p4p assassin who as bin killin de british seen man but he got **** for our A.B y'dig?

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
        Realistically, I think it's simply a difference in levels.

Ricky has proven himself to be a world level fighter, but Broner has the ability to be an elite fighter.

Ricky has a strong jab, terrific stamina and is now pretty solid defensively. Broner though, he too has a strong jab but he also has every other punch in the book to go with it as well as very good hand speed, good defence, good power and ring smarts.

I think it's going to take an aggressive and explosive fighter to beat Broner.

Yeah that makes sense to me. Ricky has good footwork, and very good defence, but how is he going to set up his offence and outbox Broner, who I'm sure will be walking him down? I could see Ricky doing well in the battle of jabs, but once Broner gets in range I think he'll hurt Ricky and get the better of it. I think Ricky's left hook is underrated, but it'll be hard to set Broner up for the left hook considering his style of defence, he always carries his right hand high, though the shoulder roll can be open to jabs

I'd love to see Broner v Guerrero

Comment

if its not April or Titare figthing Broner it dont matter. Ricky is a bum and if you thougth Demarco was a top LW then you dont know crap about boxing
          Last edited by solo20; 01-06-2013, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            Okay serious answer...

That was a very poor attempt at slang Dan. Just keep it real and speak normal.

Comment

Originally posted by solo20 View Post
              if its not April or Titare figthing Broner it dont matter. Ricky is a bum and if you thougth Demarco was a top LW then you dont know crap about boxing

Whether you rate him or not, Burns is a world champion, he's not a 'bum'.

Demarco isn't a great fighter, but he was considered in the top 3 LW's in the world , how is that not a top LW?

Comment

Originally posted by Saint G Groves View Post
                Whether you rate him or not, Burns is a world champion, he's not a 'bum'.

Demarco isn't a great fighter, but he was considered in the top 3 LW's in the world , how is that not a top LW?
                key world being considered but not by all if you look at the guys Demarco beat they where trash there are many boxing experts who have both April and Titare as the guys to beat at 135lb and Burns wont last more then 9 rounds sorry if you think he is one of the best but he is trash just like Demarco.they are the weakest champs at 135 lb. Broner is going after the guys that are trash first before he steps up to the big dogs

Comment

Originally posted by solo20 View Post
                  key world being considered but not by all if you look at the guys Demarco beat they where trash there are many boxing experts who have both April and Titare as the guys to beat at 135lb and Burns wont last more then 9 rounds sorry if you think he is one of the best but he is trash just like Demarco.they are the weakest champs at 135 lb. Broner is going after the guys that are trash first before he steps up to the big dogs

Not at all, Demarco was easily one of the top LW's before Broner destroyed him. Burns is a very good fighter, he will make it tough for Broner, he'll do better than Demarco did, but I agree Broner will beat him clearly

Comment

I think people are underestimating Ricky Burns. Most have barely seen him fight and that's probably the reason why.

I think Burns is going to be competitive with Broner. I don't see him winning, but I see him giving him problems.

He's big, strong, has a job solid jab and fundamentals and has a solid defense to. Along with a good chin.

I think Burn will actually give him problems boxing from the outside. I'd like to see how Broner handles it.

Broner has the speed and power advantage, he's better in most area's. He's slicker, more skilled. And I think he would win on points, but in a closer fight than people are expecting.

Comment

Working...
                    X