Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats next for Darchinyan?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been saying, even before the fight, that Vic is still very good, and hasn't shown much signs of slowing down. In fact, I haven't seen a fight where he was dominated, outside of the Moreno fight.

It feels like just yesterday when these boards were crying robbery in Vic's fights against Agbeko, Mares, and Yamanaka. But all of a sudden when the Donaire rematch is made, all of a sudden Vic is garbage. People discredit Vic so they can indirectly discredit Donaire.

Donaire is the perfect example as to why boxing fans are awful.

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post
      I would like to think Rigo schools and outboxes Vic, and I'm definitely not saying Vic beats him, but Rigo has been down before and like I said I think Vic is being severely underrated.

Rigo likely wins, but I wouldn't count Darchinyan out and I think that would be a very solid test for Rigo and a legit voluntary title defense after Agebko, one which if he was to win impressively, he should definitely get credit for (some people would dismiss VIc as an opponent, but lets be honest, it's not like Rigo has handfuls of top guys lining up to face him)

Then Donaire-Rigo after both have been able to grab a couple of decent wins
      Yeah, don't get me wrong. Rigo is the HEAVY favorite. Just saying, if Vic can land even 1 left hand, he can get the KO.

Comment

Originally posted by WilkinsOlajuwon View Post
        Darch is like a rusty nail. Old, worn, crooked... but you dont wanna F with it.

He showed he can still perform at a high level and entertain, I dont see why he should stop fighting if he still has the drive.
        I agree, didn't he just sign with Top Rank recently? Surely it wasn't just to fight Donaire and call it quits? Unless he got completely starched from the opening bell obviously but he showed he has something left still

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
          Yeah, don't get me wrong. Rigo is the HEAVY favorite. Just saying, if Vic can land even 1 left hand, he can get the KO.
          Agreed. It's interesting in the sense that Rigo has been hurt and knocked down. I believe Marroquin hurt Rigo once or twice with left-hooks, and he's not exactly a big puncher

Comment

Originally posted by BG_Knocc_Out View Post
            I've been saying, even before the fight, that Vic is still very good, and hasn't shown much signs of slowing down. In fact, I haven't seen a fight where he was dominated, outside of the Moreno fight.

It feels like just yesterday when these boards were crying robbery in Vic's fights against Agbeko, Mares, and Yamanaka. But all of a sudden when the Donaire rematch is made, all of a sudden Vic is garbage. People discredit Vic so they can indirectly discredit Donaire.
            Donaire is the perfect example as to why boxing fans are awful.
            I agree 100%. I actually thought Vic was going to beat Donaire in the rematch but I've seen a lot of people aggressively calling Donaire a bum, etc.. for fighting Vic instead of instantly rematching the guy who just clearly beat him! It's not like he signed up to fight some fringe top 100 guy in a clear showcase fight to look good after the Rigo fight. Many people might of looked at the Vic fight that way, but he was there to win and I'm sure Nonito's camp looked at him as a serious threat. I think Vic can beat a lot of guys out there and Donaire doesn't deserve a lot of the hate he's been getting the past couple of weeks/months, IMO

It wasn't but 3-4 months ago people were saying Mares is on the verge of being a P4P fighter, and it wasn't log ago (and after the first Donaire fight) that Vic gave him a hell of a bout

Comment

Originally posted by BG_Knocc_Out View Post
              Agreed. It's interesting in the sense that Rigo has been hurt and knocked down. I believe Marroquin hurt Rigo once or twice with left-hooks, and he's not exactly a big puncher
              Yep. The shots he landed on Donaire would've put a lot of fighter's lights out. That's why I don't know whether it's Donaire that's slipping, or Vic that's learning how to deal with counter punchers.

If it's the latter, he can land a clean bomb on Rigo.

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
                Yep. The shots he landed on Donaire would've put a lot of fighter's lights out. That's why I don't know whether it's Donaire that's slipping, or Vic that's learning how to deal with counter punchers.

If it's the latter, he can land a clean bomb on Rigo.
                It would be a lot more difficult to land a clean bomb on Rigo and to land as often as he did against Donaire. But if he did happen to, it would definitely make things interesting.

Comment

He should go and flip burgers or turn hot dogs because he is a bum.

On a serious note I hope he takes a tune up and then fights Rigo

Comment

he's still an entertaining fighter with a bit left in the tank, as evidenced by his performance.

vic darchinyan has had a very solid career. i'm a fan.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                      he's still an entertaining fighter with a bit left in the tank, as evidenced by his performance.

vic darchinyan has had a very solid career. i'm a fan.
                      Who do you want to see him fight next? Are you interested in Rigo-Vic?

Comment

Working...
                      X